Not on Record?

What do we do about collection accounts that state "Not on Record" for who the company is? There is now way for me to know who these people are and the debt is from 2005. Also how do you get creditors to remove collects which are paid.... I have seven and all but two are paid and have been for two years and it is killing my score. Thanks everyone.... I am 36 and I want to buy a house for the first time in my life... I think my score stays low becuase I have three kids.... does dependants drive down a score?
Established Member

Re: Not on Record?

Your fico score does not include demographical factors such as age, sex, race, marital status, dependents, etc.
Established Member

For the collections that you haven't paid yet, when you pay them, you should make deletion part of the negotiation. You can ask them to delete it in exchange for payment. I think there is some information about this in one of the sticky threads at the top of the page.

For the ones that you've already paid and want deleted, it's possible to get them to do it after the fact. I am trying to do the same thing today with the one collection on my report too.
Established Contributor

ineeda2 wrote:
What do we do about collection accounts that state "Not on Record" for who the company is? There is now way for me to know who these people are and the debt is from 2005. Also how do you get creditors to remove collects which are paid.... I have seven and all but two are paid and have been for two years and it is killing my score. Thanks everyone.... I am 36 and I want to buy a house for the first time in my life... I think my score stays low becuase I have three kids.... does dependants drive down a score?

Did you purchase your report(s) from MyFico? You may need to get a copy of a report directly from the CRA or a free copy through annualcreditreport.com. It's my understanding that the MyFico reports exclude some non-score-related information, such as creditor contact info and soft inquiries.

For some medical collections, the CA name is coded, and the original creditor (doctor or hospital) is shown as Not On Record.
Valued Contributor

ineeda2 wrote:

Unless it is medical, dispute it...it's THEIR responsibility to prove you owe the debt. Even if it turns out to be legitimate, that's on them for not including full data.
- - - -
in a credit-scoring postnuclear Stone Age...
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.