Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing to 765 - 6 months

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing to 765 - 6 months

Just wanted to share this success story, may be useful to anyone just starting to establish credit for the first time. So a little backstory, my wife is U.S./Foreign dual citizen and moved the the states with me in June 2014, been here for right around 6 months. Never lived in the U.S. before, got a SS# when we got here. I looked up ways on here to build her credit and some helpful members told me to add her to my accounts and then get her own cards later when she's able. I did so, added her to 3 CC accounts I have, all in good standing, 99% available credit, total around $25,000 available.

Several months go by, probably 4-5, and today I decided to enroll her into USAA CM. Checked score, was expecting something in the 600's, or maybe not even a score period since she's so new. 6 months into establishing credit, freakin' 765 FACO. Mines 759 and I've done almost everything I can to the T to get there. Some people just have it made I guess!

Everything I read and was told was that this would probably help her "a little bit", I'd say this help a lot more than a bit. I'd highly recommend this method to anyone looking to help establish a newbies credit, that is of course if you're ready to take 100% resonsibilty for their actions. Thanks again to this great forum and those who helped us get here!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Nothing to 765 - 6 months

Congrats to you and your DW on her credit journey! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.