cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now that we have additional FICO Scores from MyFico...

tag
EW800
Valued Contributor

Now that we have additional FICO Scores from MyFico...

Now that we have FICO scores available to us (thank you MyFico!), that to the best of my knowledge have not been available to us before, I am just wondering if anyone has seen any surprises as far as your auto-enhanced or credit credit-card enhanced scores?  

In my case, I have been most curious about my auto-enhanced score.  I have a foreclosure and a credit card settlement from more than two years ago, however a perfect history as far as three auto loans (all not paid off).  I have always wondered if my auto-enhanced score would be higher than my other scores, given this good auto loan history.  I am thrilled that this is the case!  My Auto-Enhanced Scores are below"

Experian Auto-enhanced Score 8 - 755

Equifax Auto-enhanced Score 8 - 746

As you can see, as compared to my scores below, my auto-enhanced scores are a good 25+ points higher, overall.  Just wondering if anyone else has been pleasantly (or otherwise) surprised by your auto-enhanced or CC score.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2023: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Now that we have additional FICO Scores from MyFico...

Mine are similar to my overall score.

EX FICO Auto Score 8 - 792

EQ FICO Auto Score 8 - 809

The goods for me is that they are higher than the earlier versions.

Overall the availability to access these new scores is huge and a big step forward.

Message 2 of 7
EW800
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Overall the availability to access these new scores is huge and a big step forward.

I agree!!  This really is a big step forward.  I hope this is just the beginning of what we may be able to obtain in the future.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2023: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Industry enhanced scores are on a scale of 900 and not 850, so for most people they will be higher. Of course, certain aspects of your profile could cause an enhanced score to be lower than a regular score. For example, my bankcard score (also a scale of 900) for EQ is lower than my FICO 8 EQ score. Why? I don't know, but maybe my 150k+ in student loans effects the bankcard score more than the regular FICO score. If so, it would explain why my bankcard score is lower than my regular FICO score even though it is on a higher scale. The takeaway, however, is that since the enhanced scores are on a higher scale, you should generally expect them to be higher and expect good rates to come at higher scores.  

Message 4 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@EW800 wrote:

Now that we have FICO scores available to us (thank you MyFico!), that to the best of my knowledge have not been available to us before, I am just wondering if anyone has seen any surprises as far as your auto-enhanced or credit credit-card enhanced scores?

There are some creditors offering bankcard scores.  IIRC FNBO and Citi are a couple.

Message 5 of 7
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

I think it is AWESOME that these are now offered! I'm not sure what took them so long!  I have not pulled ,ine yet was kinda wanting to wait to see if TU follows suit and offers theirs as well! Anyone know if that is in the works?

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 6 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@App_Addict wrote:

I think it is AWESOME that these are now offered! I'm not sure what took them so long!  I have not pulled ,ine yet was kinda wanting to wait to see if TU follows suit and offers theirs as well! Anyone know if that is in the works?

Expected but no date as of yet.  

        
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.