Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number keeps calling me; need advice!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Number keeps calling me; need advice!

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone here can help me with advice and/or has been in a similar situation.  I keep getting phone calls several times a day now from morning to night from a number 866-720-1469.  They never leave a message on my voicemail.  When I answer it  I just hear a recording of music playing, except just now they called and a man with a foreign accent I guess didn't hear me and kept saying "hello" so I hung up.  I looked the number up and it says it is a debt collection agency, but I have the quarterly monitoring service here and nothing shows up for collections and my score has not changed reflecting anything of the sort.  Company name says "Allied Interstate collection for BMG Music company".  I have never even heard of this, nor bought anything from this company!  I am wondering if this is some sort of scam attempting to get money from people?   I don't know what to do about this to get this to stop.  Please help any advice?

Thanks.. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Number keeps calling me; need advice!

I've had a similar situation.  Constant calls with no message.  They won't leave a message because if they leave too many messages, it is considered harassment.  More likely than not, the call is not for you, but for someone who shafted BMG.  Eventually, you'll get a live person, tell them to quit calling you.  If you can google the company,. send them a letter requesting that they quit calling you for X times a day.  It's harassment, blah, blah.

They'll stop.

Message 2 of 4
203bravo
Established Contributor

according to www.whocalled.us (free site)... this is allied interstate.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sham

Its possible that the call is not for you. I get collection calls all week long for people that I do not know. I have tried informing the agencies that they have the wrong number, and that there is no one by that name at the residence and they still call. I don't really worry about it because I know they are not calling for me.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.