Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC or CA who should I HARRASS

tag
Eric958
Established Contributor

OC or CA who should I HARRASS

Hi guy's,

I settled a co acct in Feb07. TU updated a week later. EX & EQ have not. I contacted ca {whom I settled with} They say they did all they were required to do, I remind you only TU updated. They told me to contact OC. {co acct is listed under OC's name} OC is saying they sold this acct to Arrow so there's nothing they can do even though their name is on the TL. Any idea as to whom I should harrass to either update or remove, OC or CA? 

Thanks, E!

Never Give Up!!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Quietman
Established Member

Re: OC or CA who should I HARRASS

Corrected to comply with guidelines - Quietman Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Quietman on 05-14-2007 11:43 AM
Message 2 of 6
Eric958
Established Contributor

Hey Q,
 This is where I think the problem is. I think the cra is talking to the OC when I dispute because their name is on the acct. meanwhile the OC is reporting the acct co & sold or tranfered, but they don't have who they sold it to on their TL.  I didn't pay them so they have no interest in reporting this acct as settled. The ca name is NOT on TL. And the letter the ca sent me after payment states " When Funds clear the bank" this acct will be considered paid in full. So I can't send this in as proof either, but then again I could send copy of bank statement with letter..

Ok, just so I'm being clear, OC is reporting CO
I settled w/ CA {before I learned about PFD's.DV's .etc}
CA is saying its up to OC to update as they already did their part by reporting co/paid once.
OC sent me a letter saying "acct was sold to Arrow and YOU have no further obligation to First Premier bank. Please direct all future correspondence to Arrow at address blah blah" {although OC's name is on TL}
So I'm confused as to whom is responsible to update!

E!

Never Give Up!!
Message 3 of 6
Quietman
Established Member

Only the CA can delete thier entry. The OC's charge off will prbably remain, but every situation is different.

Quietman
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CA is at fault here. If they report to all three bureau's, then once you make good on the debt I would think that they have to update the info or remove it from all 3. Not just update 1.

I would keep disputing this with the CRA's and eventually the CA will get tired of verifying the debt and not respond since they already have your money.

If the CRA's try's to say that your dispute is a fraud, then that is when you send in the cancelled check to have the account updated!
Message 5 of 6
Eric958
Established Contributor

ok than I'll harrass the CA!

E!

Never Give Up!!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.