Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC reported as a loss

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OC reported as a loss

My daughter filed taxes using H&R Block and received a rapid tax refund from HSBC Bank USA. The refund took 9 months, thus she was charged interest for 9 months.

Credit reports show this account was charged off, closed and reported as a loss by the credit grantor.  If reported as a loss, can collection efforts continue?

Received collection letter from HSBC Taxpayer Financial Services. How do I respond for purposes of validation . . . should HSBC Financial Services be treated as a collection agency?

Letter from HSBC
10/16/2007
HSBC Taxpayer Financial Services Inc
P.O. Box 10690
Wilmington, DE 19850-0690

RE: Account Number:

During a review of your account, we noted that late charges previously assessed were incorrectly calculated. As a result, we have credited $4.62 toward your outstanding balance. Your revised balance outstanding is $240.72.

For your convenience, you can call our secured automated service to pay over the phone at 1-800-288-3811 or send payment to the following address through Western Union Quick Collect:

Code City: TAXMASTERS
STATE: DELAWARE

Please remember to include your loan number on the Western Union Payment form.

We appreciate your business and regret the inconvenience our error may have caused. Please contact us at the toll-free number provided if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
HSCB Taxpayer Financial Services Inc.
800-543-1080

This communication is from a debt collector. We are required by law, if applicable, to notify you that we are attempting to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose.

Message Edited by dwarfess on 01-12-2008 08:36 PM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

Re: OC reported as a loss

I have reason to believe that yes they are debt collector. They are collecting debt and have stated so in their mini-miranda.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.