Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC says can not tell CA to remove from credit, it must remain

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OC says can not tell CA to remove from credit, it must remain

I called up CenturyTel, whom I still have an open account with, and asked about paying a balance I have from 2004, that I somehow overlooked.

The account has been "sent" to outside collections, NCO Financial.

I asked the rep, if I paid CenturyTel directly if they would instruct NCO that I had paid the account and to remove it from my credit report. Told her I was ready to pay over the phone right then.

She stated "it can only be updated to paid, but will NEVER be removed."

I said, no CenturyTel can pull the account back, instruct them to delete, and let me pay it.

CenturyTel is more than willing to accept payment on the account, instead of making me pay NCO.

However, after talking with her and trying to explain what I wanted to happen, she says "maybe it is best you just deal with NCO."

I was thinking of sending PFD to NCO, the account is only $47.79, although reported on credit report as $48.

The way I see it, it would cost them more to take me to court, then what they'd make. I don't see going to court happening, although I am aware it very well could come to that. Except I'd pay upon being
served. So, I think I'd have success with PFD, but I've read bad things about NCO.

What should I do now?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OC says can not tell CA to remove from credit, it must remain

You can send a PFD letter CMRRR to NCO and see what happens or you can send a PFD CMRRR to the OC. Its up to you really. I usually try the OC first.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OC says can not tell CA to remove from credit, it must remain

I have the same situation and sent a PFD to the OC and never heard a word.  Called the CA and they said that "all they can do is report it paid".  
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.