Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC sent me bogus contract as DV!!!!

tag
jschaffer
Regular Contributor

OC sent me bogus contract as DV!!!!

Ok guys, so I asked an OC for an investigation as proof that I owe a debt to them. They sent me back a contract where they TYPED my name on the signature line. Do they really think I'm going to fall for that? Do they think I'm smoking crack? There's no way that's legal!

What do I do? My ultimate goal is to have the collection removed from my credit reports. They also hired Cavalry Portfolio who keeps verifying the stupid debt, I just sent off a DV letter to Cavalry, but I'm unsure what steps to take now.

How do I get this bogus collection removed from my report? I know if I have to sue this company, the fake contract where my name was typed is definitely nice ammo, but I'd rather stay out of court if I can help it. I just don't want to mess with all that.

Message Edited by jschaffer on 12-07-2007 06:42 AM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

Re: OC sent me bogus contract as DV!!!!

this is a very interesting case. I will wait for the outcome.
Message 2 of 8
Boswd
Valued Contributor

1.   Is the account yours?
2.   If so, did you sign up for this account on-line.    If you did you give an electronic signature, which would explain why your name is in type written form.   Electronic signature's are valid. 

Message Edited by Boswd on 12-07-2007 06:21 AM
Message 3 of 8
jschaffer
Regular Contributor

@Boswd wrote:
1. Is the account yours?
2. If so, did you sign up for this account on-line. If you did you give an electronic signature, which would explain why your name is in type written form. Electronic signature's are valid.

Message Edited by Boswd on 12-07-2007 06:21 AM

No it's not mine. I never signed anything, including an electronic signature.
Message 4 of 8
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Oh boy dispute and fight to high heavens.     See if they confirm your ss# , don't give it them let them give it to you.    I hope you aren't a victum of ID theft or that someone you may know may have signed up for the account using your information.  
Message 5 of 8
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Also file a police report, just in case this is a case of ID theft, even if it turns out that a family member or friend has done this to you.

What type of an account is this for?  
Message 6 of 8
jschaffer
Regular Contributor

@Boswd wrote:
Also file a police report, just in case this is a case of ID theft, even if it turns out that a family member or friend has done this to you.
What type of an account is this for?

Some Cell phone account from like 6.5 years ago. Never heard of it. It's from when ATT before Cingular even existed.
Message 7 of 8
Boswd
Valued Contributor

I would file a police report and have this further invistigated.    With the number of different contracts you can sign up for on line now a days,  Electronic siganatures are what's the most popular.  
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.