Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC vs CA

tag
treschic
Frequent Contributor

OC vs CA

Back in 2004, I had a negative balance on a suntrust checking account.  they closed the account after 3 weeks, of a negative balance.  (i didn't have the money to make the account current, it was the account or be homeless) anyways, after they closed the account, they sent it to collections.  Fast forward to 2007, when i finally decided to pay my debts off.  I went to my local suntrust bank and paid the debt.  originally suntrust and nco (the ca) were both reporting the debts.  suntrust no longer reports, but on some of my cr, nco still reports the account as open and others report as paid.  i've tried disputing with the cra, but they come back as verified, and others didn't acknowledge period.  my question is, since i paid suntrust directly, can nco report as paid? since i didn't pay them? and what is my recourse of action?  i had a similar situation with boa, but that was removed, because boa lost my payment and didn't update my account, and sent it to a ca.  but both boa and the ca removed their entries.  what should i do?  thanks
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: OC vs CA

Ask Suntrust to have NCO remove the TL. Problem is you lost the upper hand now that you have paid.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.