Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODD Question: When does CapOne report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ODD Question: When does CapOne report?

Usually, my Statement is cut on the 16th of the month and it is updated that day. This Month, the 16th is a Saturday.

I don't want my UTIL to be messed up if I use the card before it posts. 

Thanks,

Solo

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ODD Question: When does CapOne report?

Don't worry about when it reports. If your statement date is the 16th then you can use it on the 17th with no issues.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once statement cuts, it should report in the next few days.  Any charges made after statement cycle closes will post on your next statement.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

So if your statement date is X and you PIF on X and the following day run a few thousand dollars up on your card and 2-3 days after that the credit card company reports, they'll 100% report the 0 balance from X date and nothing made the following day? 

I feel like I've done something similar to what I've illustrated above and weeks later saw that a balance was reported on one of my cards in the past.  Maybe I'm mistaken as I've never watched my reported balances in the past nearly as keenly as I do now... but is there ever a chance or instances where credit card companies "mess up" and report a balance that shouldn't have been reported due to the statement date ending?

Message 4 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

When the statement closes the statement closes.  The statement balance is reported.

That said, there have been a few instances where those have charged something the day after and had it included in the statement cycle but that seems to be unusual.

Either way, it's no big deal.  A short term increase in revolving utilization isn't likely to be a problem and you can reduce it next cycle.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.