Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OH MY GOD!!!!!!

tag
rizeninme
New Contributor

Re: OH MY GOD!!!!!!

You need to file a police report for identity theft- TOMORROW!

It should be fairly simple to prove where the charges and activity originated, but you might not be able to get that info right away. In the meantime, a police report will show Cap1 that you mean business and you are not going to be held liable for fraud.
Message 11 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

omg John, what a nightmare! I feel so badly for you. Cap1 MUST credit back ALL those felonious charges, tomorrow!

Here's the number of their Fraud Dept. in case you want it: 800-427-9428.

Stay on top of this daily, please. Look at each and every charge in recent transactions, every day.

Sorry you are a victim of this. Smiley Sad

Best of luck to you.
Message 12 of 49
John060675
Valued Contributor

Sylviatob,

Thank you for the info.  It is a nightmare.  I know it is a cliche, but I really never thought it would happen to me. 

I appreciate the number to the fraud department.  I am going to call them first thing in the morning.

This sucks.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

John060675 wrote:
I am sorry to keep freaking about this, but has anyone had something like this happen to them?

Also, will this report to my CRA's as a maxed out CC?  How will this 'closed" account show on my report?  Or will it still show as only 1 account but with a different account #?

Man, how can things get any worse?

I had a problem with my Bank of America Visa earlier this year.  For a couple of months , one or two charges (not made by me) would show up as "Pending Transactions" on my BoA account.   These charges would never post, and would eventually disappear from my transaction details.   Bank of America changed my account number.  Clearly, this is not as quite as bad as your situation.  As a result, on my credit reports, the old and new appear as 2 distinct accounts--the Account numbers obviously differ, but the remaining information such as "Date opened,"  "Paid/Late," etc. stayed the same.  However, the original account's "Status" is labeled "Lost or Stolen card."
I agree with Brammy about faxing the information.  If you don't have a fax machine (like many of us), usually packing and shipping establishments like "The UPS Store" fax documents for a reasonable fee.
Good luck with this. Please keep us posted on how this works out for you. 

Message Edited by psychic on 10-21-2007 11:41 PM
Message 14 of 49
John060675
Valued Contributor

Thank you for the feedback.  I am so fuming mad now, that I cannot sleep.  I will call the fraud department first thing to just ask some more questions.  I will definitely see if they can fax the info to me and then I can fax it back to them.

Just to be curious, did the 2 distinct accounts on your CR lower the average age of your accounts?  Or was FICO smart enough to recognize this?

Thanks.

Message 15 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

John060675 wrote:
Thank you for the feedback.  I am so fuming mad now, that I cannot sleep.  I will call the fraud department first thing to just ask some more questions.  I will definitely see if they can fax the info to me and then I can fax it back to them.

Just to be curious, did the 2 distinct accounts on your CR lower the average age of your accounts?  Or was FICO smart enough to recognize this?

Thanks.

I have "myFICO Identity Theft SecuritySmiley Very Happyeluxe," and I just looked at my TU reports from April (which had the original account only) and July (which showed the old and new accounts).  Both reports stated that the "Average age of your accounts...13 years."  So, FICO must have recognized this situation.  My Bank of America account was opened in 5/1987, and it would have certainly helped my length of credit history if they overlooked it. 

Message Edited by psychic on 10-21-2007 11:30 PM
Message 16 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

psychic wrote:

John060675 wrote:

Thanks.

I have "myFICO Identity Theft SecuritySmiley Very Happyeluxe," and I just looked at my TU reports from April (which had the original account only) and July (which showed the old and new accounts).  Both reports stated that the "Average age of your accounts...13 years."  So, FICO must have recognized this situation.  My Bank of America account was opened in 5/1987, and it would have certainly helped my length of credit history if they overlooked it. 

I don't know how that "Smiley" ended up on my post.  I didn't put it there.  I apologize, even though it wasn't my doing.
Message 17 of 49
John060675
Valued Contributor

Psychic,

Thanks for the reply.  That is good news, at least.  That is all I needed was to take a hit on my average age of accounts because of this. 

I have calmed down some from earlier.  I swear I am an even tempered guy, but when it comes to my credit, I get fired up!

I have been speaking badly of the TC, SW, and other products for not updating properly, but I think I might need to look into those again.  I had this Cap 1 CC "sock drawered", and the only reason I found out about this activity was because I went on to my account to print up a statement.  I could have easily not seen this until they reported to the CRA's or until my next statement came around.  I could have lost valuable time.

I really hope this process will be quick and painless. 

Message 18 of 49
John060675
Valued Contributor

No worries, I needed a smile today.  Thanks!

Message 19 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't know about Cap1 but I had a fraudulent cash advance on my Chase CC several months back. They immediately credited my acct and changed my account number. CR's only show one account with entire history and new acct number. The only thing that somewhat annoys me is that I have paper statements turned off and I lost the ability to pull up e-statements for the old acct #, so they're all gone now (never bothered to print or save them).
Message 20 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.