Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OK....which system is recommended ?

tag
rtoshow
Valued Member

OK....which system is recommended ?

After reading all of the info here over & over, I'm still not sure which way to go. I keep thinking about true credit just to be able to monitor daily, but I am wondering, do many lenders pull TU ? It seems to me that most use Experian or Equifax but I may be wrong. I want to be able to check out every avenue of my credit as much as possible, dispute if necessary easily & do it as inexpensively as possible. Am I asking too much ? Thanks for any input
Tim
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: OK....which system is recommended ?

rtoshow wrote:
After reading all of the info here over & over, I'm still not sure which way to go. I keep thinking about true credit just to be able to monitor daily, but I am wondering, do many lenders pull TU ? It seems to me that most use Experian or Equifax but I may be wrong. I want to be able to check out every avenue of my credit as much as possible, dispute if necessary easily & do it as inexpensively as possible. Am I asking too much ? Thanks for any input

If you are an Amex cardholder, you can try CreditSecure at Amex's website and it's less than $12 a month. You can pull all three reports everday.
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused111 wrote:

If you are an Amex cardholder, you can try CreditSecure at Amex's website and it's less than $12 a month. You can pull all three reports everday.

Fused, with CreditSceure are you receiving your FICO scores daily too?  And, you have to be an Amex cardholder?
Message 3 of 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

MsRN2000 wrote:

fused111 wrote:

Fused, with CreditSceure are you receiving your FICO scores daily too?  And, you have to be an Amex cardholder?

No they are FAKOs just like TC's are but its a solid monitoring service. I do believe you have to be an AmEx cardholder.
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like their reports as do many others, TC is not laid out as niceSmiley Happy  Must remember to switch, right now I'm a TC subscriber
Message 5 of 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

beach123 wrote:
I like their reports as do many others, TC is not laid out as niceSmiley Happy  Must remember to switch, right now I'm a TC subscriber

Ditto, I really hate TC's layout!
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused111 wrote:
No they are FAKOs just like TC's are but its a solid monitoring service. I do believe you have to be an AmEx cardholder.

Cool.  Thanks for the info.
Message 7 of 14
rtoshow
Valued Member

I'm not an Amex card holder, so that one is out for me
Tim
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

rtoshow wrote:

Tim,
TC shows all 3 credit reports and they seem to be accurate.  You could use these reports to monitor how well your efforts are paying off.  The scores thay give you will show an up or down trend, but they are not true ficos.  I use it to dispute, PFD and send out good wills.  If I am successful, it will show on the reports.  I think many people here buy their FICO's from this site, use TC to monitor and then when you see those scores change in a big way, they buy their real scores again.  Hopefully the trend will be the same, but I understand it doesn't always work that way.  Do you already have Scorewatch through this site?
Message 9 of 14
rtoshow
Valued Member

I'm currently not using anything. I'm just trying to get the best bang for my buck.
Tim
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.