Reply
Valued Member
Posts: 30
Registered: ‎07-19-2007
0

OK....which system is recommended ?

After reading all of the info here over & over, I'm still not sure which way to go. I keep thinking about true credit just to be able to monitor daily, but I am wondering, do many lenders pull TU ? It seems to me that most use Experian or Equifax but I may be wrong. I want to be able to check out every avenue of my credit as much as possible, dispute if necessary easily & do it as inexpensively as possible. Am I asking too much ? Thanks for any input
Tim
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 16,373
Registered: ‎03-12-2007
0

Re: OK....which system is recommended ?



rtoshow wrote:
After reading all of the info here over & over, I'm still not sure which way to go. I keep thinking about true credit just to be able to monitor daily, but I am wondering, do many lenders pull TU ? It seems to me that most use Experian or Equifax but I may be wrong. I want to be able to check out every avenue of my credit as much as possible, dispute if necessary easily & do it as inexpensively as possible. Am I asking too much ? Thanks for any input

If you are an Amex cardholder, you can try CreditSecure at Amex's website and it's less than $12 a month. You can pull all three reports everday.
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (11-08-2014): EQ 818, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1

Regular Contributor
Posts: 236
Registered: ‎07-21-2007
0

Re: OK....which system is recommended ?



fused111 wrote:

If you are an Amex cardholder, you can try CreditSecure at Amex's website and it's less than $12 a month. You can pull all three reports everday.

Fused, with CreditSceure are you receiving your FICO scores daily too?  And, you have to be an Amex cardholder?
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 16,373
Registered: ‎03-12-2007
0

Re: OK....which system is recommended ?



MsRN2000 wrote:


fused111 wrote:

If you are an Amex cardholder, you can try CreditSecure at Amex's website and it's less than $12 a month. You can pull all three reports everday.

Fused, with CreditSceure are you receiving your FICO scores daily too?  And, you have to be an Amex cardholder?


No they are FAKOs just like TC's are but its a solid monitoring service. I do believe you have to be an AmEx cardholder.
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (11-08-2014): EQ 818, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1

Established Contributor
Posts: 570
Registered: ‎05-02-2007
0

Re: OK....which system is recommended ?

I like their reports as do many others, TC is not laid out as nice:smileyhappy:  Must remember to switch, right now I'm a TC subscriber
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 16,373
Registered: ‎03-12-2007
0

Re: OK....which system is recommended ?



beach123 wrote:
I like their reports as do many others, TC is not laid out as nice:smileyhappy:  Must remember to switch, right now I'm a TC subscriber


Ditto, I really hate TC's layout!
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (11-08-2014): EQ 818, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1

Regular Contributor
Posts: 236
Registered: ‎07-21-2007
0

Re: OK....which system is recommended ?



fused111 wrote:
No they are FAKOs just like TC's are but its a solid monitoring service. I do believe you have to be an AmEx cardholder.


Cool.  Thanks for the info.
Valued Member
Posts: 30
Registered: ‎07-19-2007
0

Re: OK....which system is recommended ?

I'm not an Amex card holder, so that one is out for me
Tim
Regular Contributor
Posts: 205
Registered: ‎06-20-2007
0

Re: OK....which system is recommended ?



rtoshow wrote:
After reading all of the info here over & over, I'm still not sure which way to go. I keep thinking about true credit just to be able to monitor daily, but I am wondering, do many lenders pull TU ? It seems to me that most use Experian or Equifax but I may be wrong. I want to be able to check out every avenue of my credit as much as possible, dispute if necessary easily & do it as inexpensively as possible. Am I asking too much ? Thanks for any input


Tim,
TC shows all 3 credit reports and they seem to be accurate.  You could use these reports to monitor how well your efforts are paying off.  The scores thay give you will show an up or down trend, but they are not true ficos.  I use it to dispute, PFD and send out good wills.  If I am successful, it will show on the reports.  I think many people here buy their FICO's from this site, use TC to monitor and then when you see those scores change in a big way, they buy their real scores again.  Hopefully the trend will be the same, but I understand it doesn't always work that way.  Do you already have Scorewatch through this site?
Valued Member
Posts: 30
Registered: ‎07-19-2007
0

Re: OK....which system is recommended ?

I'm currently not using anything. I'm just trying to get the best bang for my buck.
Tim

Get a myFICO recommended credit card

Copyright ©2001-2013 Fair Isaac Corporation.
All rights reserved.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.