Regular Contributor
daytona18

Re: OK....which system is recommended ?

Well, this is what I did... I signed up for Truecredit at $14.95/mo.  You can get it for cheaper throught the Walmart site ($11.21, I think).  Sometimes they do an free introductory deal  so you can see if  you like it.  I'd do a search for that first.   When I learned that those scores weren't real FICOs, I came here to get one.  I  signed up for one month free.  I got my FICO score  (EQ only) and it came with a report.  I compared that report to Truecredit's.  That's why I am pretty certain that the reports are accurate.  I did everything I could in a month on EQ and then when I got the e-mail saying my free month was coming to an end, I pulled the second report that you are entitled to.  I saw a 29 point difference in 1 month thanks to the advice I've gotten here.  I cancelled the subscription because if not, they will charge  you eighty some dollars for a year.  I did receive an email asking if I preferred to pay $8.95 per month.  I took them up on the offer, but I am not sure how long I will continue.  I check TC everyday to make sure nothing new has come up and check my progress as far as my rebuilding work. Also, just a little hint for you, if you have many inquiries on TU or EQ, after pulling so many times, those inquiries disappear and you will get a little raise in your score from that.  The reason I have for that, is that file space is only so big, so when you check your own reports, it has to make room somewhere, so it deletes other inquiries.  I have seen all but two of my TU inquiries fall off.  EQ, I have not seen anything, but I don't have much on that report so it may take longer.  Anywho, that's my story.  I don't know how long I can continue with either service because money is sooo tight.  But, I am trying to make the most of it now.
Established Contributor
myhearts07

Anyone heard of credit keeper, are they fakos?   HFC offered it to me yesterday.
Moderator Emeritus
HappyDays

rtoshow wrote:
After reading all of the info here over & over, I'm still not sure which way to go. I keep thinking about true credit just to be able to monitor daily, but I am wondering, do many lenders pull TU ? It seems to me that most use Experian or Equifax but I may be wrong. I want to be able to check out every avenue of my credit as much as possible, dispute if necessary easily & do it as inexpensively as possible. Am I asking too much ? Thanks for any input

I have had several TU pulled on mortgage and auto loan (only pulled TU) I have had some CCC pull them also. They all pull whatever they want. most will pull the only 1 CRA and it could go by the part of the country that you live in.
I have TC & DH has both TC & CS. I will be cancelling TC for him. we both have SW. I only pull FICO from myfico when there has been a big change and I want to be sure of score.
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

myhearts07 wrote:
Anyone heard of credit keeper, are they fakos?   HFC offered it to me yesterday.

Yep... they are FAKOs.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+