Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG NOOOOOOO :-( 11/24/2015 UPDATE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OMG NOOOOOOO :-(

@icyhot wrote:
"We are unable to verify your information to complete the request online. Please fax your dispute with a copy of your drivers license" phooey

I ALWAYS have this problem with Equifax. I hate Equifax they are truly the lousiest of the 3 agencies.

OP: I would do exactly as some of the others have advised. Send a letter with the necessary information via certified mail to help expedite the deletion.

Message 31 of 39
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Little trick. If you use current report number for dispute, much easier. Buy report from equifax online, if have problems call customer service. You can also call customer service, and ask to be transferred to US. Then, begin dispute over phone. You can get done in next day or so with paid report and/or phone reps.

How I did it.
Signature needs updating
Message 32 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP. Look at a recent report for any variations of your name. For example, the system hates hyphens and prefers you input the words as one. I got that error when checking dispute status until I imputed Ladyang, instead of Lady-Ang. Also, if you can dispute online, it will let you upload a scan of the letter you have as proof. Use the Genius Scan app if you don't have a home scanner. It's free and simple as taking a photo on your app.
Message 33 of 39
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
Little trick. If you use current report number for dispute, much easier. Buy report from equifax online, if have problems call customer service. You can also call customer service, and ask to be transferred to US. Then, begin dispute over phone. You can get done in next day or so with paid report and/or phone reps.

How I did it.

Yet another excellent idea...  Smiley Very Happy

And, yet another example of why I love coming here... the 'collective wisdom' we share here truly is brilliant!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 34 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe freeze CR for a while?

Message 35 of 39
danieljohnsonk
Established Member

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

How I did it.

So when I call customer service and I can't understand them I just need to ask them to transfer the call to the US?

Message 36 of 39
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@danieljohnsonk wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

How I did it.

So when I call customer service and I can't understand them I just need to ask them to transfer the call to the US?

Yes, though I just ask.

Signature needs updating
Message 37 of 39
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: OMG NOOOOOOO :-( 11/24/2015 UPDATE

@icyhot wrote:

11/24/2015 UPDATE: I was finally able to dispute with Equifax online. I called in to the collections agency to confirm that the original creditor has submitted that I paid, they said yes and they update to the CRAs at the beginning of every month. HOWEVER, there is ANOTHER account that has been placed for collection at that same office from a different medica provider, that I also did not recieve any bills from, so I will have to call them as well so they don't place it into collections. This is so frustrating and none of this is my fault. If I'm not recieving the bills, how can I be held liable for nonpayment??

Sounds like a whack-a-mole situation OP.  Whenever you have several medical provides billing you for different services, do you check to make sure your insurance portion is satisified, absent any co-insurance maximums or co-pays due?  Sometimes there can be a lag in payments from your insurance and the provider which also sounds like there may have been some items that maybe were not covered?  If so, that's likely the residual balances (plus any fees that accrued over time).

Whenever I have any medical claims to deal with, I make sure everything is satisfied so that no lingering surprises pop-up since sometimes you can be dealing with in-house or third party lab services, radiology services, you name it..  Of course, in your situation, it sounds like this happened a while back to recollect so hopefully you get all these CA issues resolved.  I'm just wondering how many others may pop-up given your most recent update to this thread.

Message 38 of 39
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Re: OMG NOOOOOOO :-( 11/24/2015 UPDATE

I didn't have health insurance at the time. Most of the bills from that date of service were wiped out by patient charity care since I wasn't working at the time
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.