Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG! This can't be right!

tag
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

Re: OMG! This can't be right!

Credit Karma and Credit Seasame is a load of **bleep**! I wouldn't trust the score 

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 51 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Over the last 60 days, CK changed the scores they use. Even the Vantage score they use to give me...not sure what model it was, was 100 points higher than the one I got after the update. The Vantage score they gave before was on a scale up to 950, while the new Vantage score they give is on a more traditional scale to 850.
Message 52 of 56
Pway
Valued Contributor

I would not worry about credit karma scores.  I only use them for their monitoring services. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 53 of 56
nyancat
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Over the last 60 days, CK changed the scores they use. Even the Vantage score they use to give me...not sure what model it was, was 100 points higher than the one I got after the update. The Vantage score they gave before was on a scale up to 950, while the new Vantage score they give is on a more traditional scale to 850.

CreditKarma switched to VantageScore 3.0 which has been rescaled to fit what banks expect to they can replace FICO with VantageScore more easily. There have also been major adjustments to the model.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 54 of 56
bradlin
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

OK, I'm the OP, and I'm still shell shocked. The only thing I did in the last 60 days was pay off my credit cards, and contact them asking for a lower APR in the future. I didn't mean to start up such a fire storm. I've worked really hard at this.

My Ficos dropped about 15 points across the board when I paid them down to zero. So I made sure to let $20 report on one card only the next month and they went right back up. Try that. It's a real hassle and you have to check your account daily and make payments exactly timing pending charges etc. but that's what I had to do.

Message 55 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I'm on top of the world today. After years of struggling, and working to rebuild my credit, my bank just approved me for a credit card with a $14,000 credit limit, PLUS a line of credit for an additional $8,000. So I guess I'm doing something right, no matter what Credit Karma says.

Message 56 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.