Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ONE DAY EQUIFAX... ONE DAY...

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

ONE DAY EQUIFAX... ONE DAY...

So they seem to finally be fixing my reports (which means they deleted all promotional inquiries by banks and by myself and deleted older accounts (can't wait to see what my AAoA goes to but they certainly will not and have not removed ANY HP's.

So I had started emailing with the EO office because the overseas rep took 30 minutes to transfer me to Consumer Relations department in the US and they just said not done yet and would not provide info anymore...

Well exec lady today tells me that INQ's are not removed by Equifax and it's my fault that I did not check my reports before applying for credit to make sure there was not an issue as they were.

I said "FOR YOUR INFORMATION, since you clearly have not read through all the notes from your consumer relations department I didn't have access to my own file for over 2 weeks because of some error within your company followed by 4+ weeks of additional errors by YOUR COMPANY that sent incomplete, inaccurate information to creditors.

I once again tried to address Equifax reporting my dismissed BK 13 for 10 years instead of the standard 7 and she said because I did not complete it they report for 10 years.

I "informed her" that since I dismissed my bk I went back and paid all my creditors vs the 15% they were getting through the bk, so my creditors recouped more of their money but it's Equifax' stance that I should be punished longer! WINNING!

The upside is I didn't expect anything less from Equifax or any of it's employess... But the info on my report IS starting to report updated and add more accounts each day despite the 2 months gap they are showing my score jumped 20 points this morning and that was after 25 additions were made so I should continue to see some more over the next week or so as it continues to update... 

My car loan is there now but my balances are still not corrected and I still have a lot of cli not updated yet and a few more new accounts not added yet.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ONE DAY EQUIFAX... ONE DAY...

I thought I had it bad.  I feel for you man.

Message 2 of 5
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

So they seem to finally be fixing my reports (which means they deleted all promotional inquiries by banks and by myself and deleted older accounts (can't wait to see what my AAoA goes to but they certainly will not and have not removed ANY HP's.

So I had started emailing with the EO office because the overseas rep took 30 minutes to transfer me to Consumer Relations department in the US and they just said not done yet and would not provide info anymore...

Well exec lady today tells me that INQ's are not removed by Equifax and it's my fault that I did not check my reports before applying for credit to make sure there was not an issue as they were.

I said "FOR YOUR INFORMATION, since you clearly have not read through all the notes from your consumer relations department I didn't have access to my own file for over 2 weeks because of some error within your company followed by 4+ weeks of additional errors by YOUR COMPANY that sent incomplete, inaccurate information to creditors.

I once again tried to address Equifax reporting my dismissed BK 13 for 10 years instead of the standard 7 and she said because I did not complete it they report for 10 years.

I "informed her" that since I dismissed my bk I went back and paid all my creditors vs the 15% they were getting through the bk, so my creditors recouped more of their money but it's Equifax' stance that I should be punished longer! WINNING!

The upside is I didn't expect anything less from Equifax or any of it's employess... But the info on my report IS starting to report updated and add more accounts each day despite the 2 months gap they are showing my score jumped 20 points this morning and that was after 25 additions were made so I should continue to see some more over the next week or so as it continues to update... 

My car loan is there now but my balances are still not corrected and I still have a lot of cli not updated yet and a few more new accounts not added yet.

For what it's worth, I emailed that lady at the EO, got a response on Monday that my request would be forwarded to the appropriate department, and last night the 4 tradelines that had been removed were reinstated.

I still think EQ is the lesser of the 3 major CRAs, though.

Message 3 of 5
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

I called Equifax to have a dispute comment removed and they DELETED THE ENTIRE TRADELINE.  It was a 5 year old CapOne account with perfect payment history and zero balance.  After many failed attempts to get it added back by overseas reps, I called their "Georgia" office Smiley Happy and spoke to a lady who added it back manually while I was on the phone.  I feel your pain....

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

16 Accounts reported yesterday alone for the first time!

Many were opened in June and reported in June for EX and TU!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.