Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OOPS! I goofed BIG TIME!!! HEEEELP!

tag
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

OOPS! I goofed BIG TIME!!! HEEEELP!

OK, before I knew any better I made a mistake a BIG mistake!
I DV some OC's not knowing, well I got 2 letters back from one of them yesterday and they were NOT GOOD.

The first one was

1st Premier,
Acct opened 3/2002
Balance Date 12/2007
Amt Due 663.00
Past Due 663.00
Status Collection
DOFD 6/2003
EQ says for comments Last rptd Delinq 8/2004=R9 CC Co
EX says Opened 3/2002 Balance date 8/2004 Balance 0.00 Past Due 0.00 Status Collection High limit 300.00 Comments: Purchased by another lender last reported delinq 8/2004 R9 Co
Tu says Opened 3/2002 Balance Date 8/2004 Balance 0.00 Past Due 0.00 Status Collection Comments: Acct CO to Profit and Loss

Now with all that said, I misunderstood someones directions (my fault, I AM NOT BLAMING ANYONE but myself, talk about read more carefully from now on) and DV'd the OC, here is what the responses said:

Letter 1:

Thank You for contacting us regarding acct #XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Per your request we have removed your telephone number from our account information files. You will continue to recieve correspondence and or notices until acct is paid in full. They weren't calling me, now were they currently sending bills.

Letter 2 said:

This is in response to the request for validation of acct #XXXXXXXXXXXXXX Our records indicate that this acct was in the name of Me, with a SS# that was verified to belong to you, The account has been used to makes purchases therefore you are bound to the debt.

Your request referenced one or more Acts: The FDCPA the fair billing Act FCBA and or the truth and lending Act TILA Premier bankcard is not a debt collector as that term is defined in the FDCPA we are the creditor.

Credit Card holders have 2 sets of rights to dispute a credit card transaction, The FCBA allows the consumer to challange billing errors including a claim that tthe consumer is not the obligator on the acct.
However this challenge must be made within 60 days after the consumer recieved a stament of acct.

The TILA provides a 2nd procedure for a consumer to raise a claim of defense in regard to a specific transaction as outlined on the back of your monthly statement/

Because your verification request does not satisfy the requirments of any Acts that you referenced, we are not obligated to comply. Please refer to the Credit Card Contract that was mailed with your credit card for the specific terms and conditions of your acct. If you disagree with how your acct is being reported ti te CRA you must complete a consumer dispute verification form with your local CRA.
We are unable to vhange information that has been reported correctly to the CRA's. I lost the original mail that had the original card sent during the hurricanes. (YES I still had it, I keep EVERYTHING)

If you have any ?'s contact our collection dept # and hours of operation listed.

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So during my stupidity, I made them aware that I am trying to get this removed from my CR and now I guess I am screwed.

It IS PAST SOL as of 6/2006 in which DOFD was 6/2003, DO date 6/2010, And there are no collections reported for this account at least not yet anyway, now that I have ticked the big dogs off I guess now they will try.

I don't know if this is good news or not, I did an online dispute for Orchard Bank and got a letter from yesterday as well.

Dear, ME

We are writing to you regarding your acct issued by HSBC Bank Nevada, N.A

We recently recieved a dispute from one of the 3 major CRA stating that you were disputing your reported acct information. We have completed our investigation and idnetified that the acct in question as your Orchard Acct which WAS owned by HSBC Bank, formely known as Household Bank, the item on your CR maybe be indetified as HSBC Bank FKA HHLB. (Never heard of HHLB)

If you still dispute this item you may write to us at:
HSBA Card Services
Attn Dispute Processing
1122 Boogie Boogie Avenue
Happy Town USA 12345

So, What are my chances of getting this removed or updated to a pays as agreed stat with Transfered/Sold/Paid in the comment line Like sears did with my acct that Citi bought?

SOMEONE HELP PWEASE!!!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OOPS! I goofed BIG TIME!!! HEEEELP!

HHLB most likely stands for HouseHold Lending Bank. Citi did not buy your Sears acct. Citi provides the Sears store cards. The account may have been transfered from the Sears account books to Citi's internal collections dept. but you would still have the same original creditor Sears/Citi.
Message 2 of 3
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

Re: OOPS! I goofed BIG TIME!!! HEEEELP!

S
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.