Established Contributor
so_confused

OPT-OUT AMEX???

Has anyone opt-out on the privacy information disclosure with AMEX?
9/18/08 TU=707 EQ=706 EX=702
Established Member
navigator1256

Re: OPT-OUT AMEX???

I have done the OPT-OUT, and I haven't gotten a single phone or mail offer solicitation for credit. It's very convenient if, especially for me, you know that any mail or telephone offers will only tempt you when you don't really need it. Also saves on junk mail. I already have 6 credit cards which is enough for a long time. The OPT-OUT shows itself up on my Equifax credit report as a note that says: "Note: File Blocked for Promotional Purposes." It will be taken off in about 7 years or so, but that's enough time for me to perfect my credit report so that I'll be eligible for those prime cards. Hope that helps.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+