cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OT for forum members in the Midwest --how are you doing?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

OT for forum members in the Midwest --how are you doing?

Hi, everyone --I guess if you have no power and no cable, we won't be hearing from you, but how is everyone doing? MV and Mrs. MV, and everyone else?

This reminds me of the California wildfires several months back... Smiley Sad
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OT for forum members in the Midwest --how are you doing?

I am a former mid-westerner

56 today in Phoenix- that is cold to me now

They can have your freezing rain and snow-
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Windy City weather today is low 23 and high 35.

Freezing rain all day today and expected until about midnight tonight. 500+ flights cancelled from O'Hare today. 

Hospitals increased staffing to handle accidents from people slipping and falling and car accidents.

Message 3 of 24
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Well, most of downtown, HQ and our plant lost power for 12 hours.  Server APS gave out later.  Roads suck.

We were lucky - kept power all day and night at home.  As long as the wind stays down we should be OK - lots and lots of ice on the power cables and trees
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 24
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@MidnightVoice wrote:

Well, most of downtown, HQ and our plant lost power for 12 hours. Server APS gave out later. Roads suck.

We were lucky - kept power all day and night at home. As long as the wind stays down we should be OK - lots and lots of ice on the power cables and trees

Hey, you can do the "the network's down" dance!

I know what you mean about the wind and ice. We usually get ice storms more than snow around here, and we live in the woods. That reminds me, guess it's time to stock up on candles and matches and other fun things.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 24
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Midwest sucks. I'd be out of here in it wasn't for family.
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani wrote:
Midwest sucks. I'd be out of here in it wasn't for family.

what he said!
Message 7 of 24
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@Tuscani wrote:
Midwest sucks.

Agreed

@Tuscani wrote:
I'd be out of here in it wasn't for family.

So would I except for the job that brings in the paycheck Smiley Very Happy And the cost of living
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, at least you Midwesterners won't be walking around in shorts on Christmas day!! It was 78 here (Tennessee/Mississippi border) on Tuesday and today the high is 55. Would not be surprised if I am running my AC on Christmas. It's just not right!! I want cold cold weather for the holidays!!! P.S. You guys be careful in the ice and buckle up!! Remember patience is a virtue...especially on ice!!!!!

Message Edited by flygirl on 12-13-2007 04:16 PM
Message 9 of 24
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Cleveland had a bit of rain, now we're just cold.  Our family Christmas party is tomorrow, of course, it's expected to be miserable outside. 

Leaving for NC on the 21st, driving thru WV mountains.  I PRAY that the weather isn't too bad.  Cannot wait to move to NC....someday.
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.