cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OT for forum members in the Midwest --how are you doing?

tag
blackswan22
New Contributor

Re: OT for forum members in the Midwest --how are you doing?

I guess you all dont want to hear that it was almost 90 here in Ft. Lauderdale yesterday Smiley Wink But at night it drops to the low 60's

Being a native New Yorker, I MISS THE COLD NOT THE ICE BUT THE SNOW!!! I go back every month so I still get a little taste :-)

Stay warm and be safe of there!!!!!

Starting Score: EQ 495 Ex 585 TU 582
Current Score: EQ 610 EX 662 TU 682
Goal Score: EQ 680 EX 700 TU 710

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 24
loriku
Established Member

I live in Iowa, we didn't get hit too badly, it was mostly rain.  I did have a big branch fall on our roof but it just caught the edge of the roof, no damage inside.  The adjuster won't even come to look, told us to take photos as they are so busy.
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

YOU ARE CRAZY! I lived most my life in Miami, FL and was born in Colombia, South America. Dad from NC loved the latinas. I'm living in Northeast Louisiana now because that's the only type of place a Chemical Engineer can find work (in God-foresaken places noone else wants to live). Well if it gets below 70F that heater is going on. Older guys at work call me Equator Boy. Shorts?! Don't think so. Shorts come on at 85 plus. Jacket comes on at 70F or less. Three layers of blankets, themal sheets and comforters come on when the night goes below 60F.

They say it gets worse during the month of February. Definitely not looking forward to it. Smiley Sad

flygirl wrote:
Well, at least you Midwesterners won't be walking around in shorts on Christmas day!! It was 78 here (Tennessee/Mississippi border) on Tuesday and today the high is 55. Would not be surprised if I am running my AC on Christmas. It's just not right!! I want cold cold weather for the holidays!!! P.S. You guys be careful in the ice and buckle up!! Remember patience is a virtue...especially on ice!!!!!

Message Edited by flygirl on 12-13-2007 04:16 PM

I like Christmases to be warm enough so that me and Santa can go water skiing off Biscayne Bay.

Message Edited by berraco58 on 12-14-2007 08:38 AM
Message 13 of 24
blackswan22
New Contributor

lol sweaters come on when?? Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 24
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

I live in nyc, and yesterday was the pitts, it's cold today but much better than yesterday. I hear it's going to snow tomorrow and I still have errands to run!

I love the change in weather, and I come from a warm weather climate Smiley Wink
Message 15 of 24
blackswan22
New Contributor

My boyfriend lives in NYC and he told me that it rained and snowed yesterday. I love the cold so i wish I was up there!

Message 16 of 24
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

When I moved back to the Mainland from Hawaii to go to college in North Carolina, I kept going barefoot. By November my feet had cracked from the cold, and I got what people commonly call "blood poisoning" in one leg. I still go barefoot most of the time, sometimes even in the snow, although certainly not for long!

DH is from New Jersey, but after 35-some-odd years down here and some significant front-end damage to a couple of cars, he has realized that driving in snow is a whole lot easier than driving on ice. Especially when all the bubbas jump into their 4X4's and '67 Impalas to make their 4th beer run of the ice storm. Smiley Very Happy (They always say that they're going for bread and diapers, uh huh.)

I loved Hawaii, but Ireally did miss the seasons, and I like that here we have genuine (and incredible) springs and falls, and the summers and winters aren't outrageous. There are a lot of retirees from the North and Midwest here --we call them "half-backs." They retired to Florida and decided they didn't like it, and they moved half-way back and stayed! Smiley Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 17 of 24
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

I wish I was in Hawaii! Yep @ blackswan it snowed-rained is what I call it, so we had tons and tons of slush, I'm sure you remember that Smiley Happy.
Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lil chilly here in NC today (39), but I'm rather enjoying it. It was in the 80's the beginning of the week. Tired of sweating. Don't get me wrong though, I in no way miss the winters of Wisconsin...You folks in the midwest, be careful out there.
Message 19 of 24
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

It is snowing again in Iowa  Smiley Sad
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.