Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtaining FICO/dispute results

tag
blameitonrio
Established Member

Obtaining FICO/dispute results

Hello all!!  I am new to this forum and to the world of credit nightmare fixing.  I have 2 basic questions:  My husband has obtained his credit scores from all three agencies, but only received the actual FICO from the experian.  The other two gave him FAKO scores.  How do we get the FICO scores when they keep giving him the FAKO score, esp without paying again.  Secondly, he did get a favorable result back from transunion about a dispute (with the correspondingly increased FAKO score).  Is it possible to get a favorable result back from one agency and a negative result back from another? 
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Obtaining FICO/dispute results

This is the only place to get real FICO scores from what I"ve read and you will have to pay. FICO scores are not free only one of each credit report once a year
Message 2 of 8
blameitonrio
Established Member

Wow!  We didn't know that, so we went to get our reports (not knowing there were different scales) from the big three prior to applying for a new mortgage.  Since the scores were all over 700 (again,not knowing the scales were different) we went ahead and applied for a mortgage.  Well, our mortgage broker called us and wanted to know where we got the info that our scores were in the 700s b/c that's NOT what he got from FICO.  That's what has started this whole thing.  We would have NEVER in a million years applied for a mortgage if we had known what the FICO scores really were.  So, how are consumers supposed to keep close tabs on their credit (as everyone recommends that you do) if the scores you get from the 3 scoring agencies are just a BS number that no one uses?  What the heck is the purpose of that?
Message 3 of 8
shawnette
Regular Contributor

blameitonrio wrote:
Wow!  We didn't know that, so we went to get our reports (not knowing there were different scales) from the big three prior to applying for a new mortgage.  Since the scores were all over 700 (again,not knowing the scales were different) we went ahead and applied for a mortgage.  Well, our mortgage broker called us and wanted to know where we got the info that our scores were in the 700s b/c that's NOT what he got from FICO.  That's what has started this whole thing.  We would have NEVER in a million years applied for a mortgage if we had known what the FICO scores really were.  So, how are consumers supposed to keep close tabs on their credit (as everyone recommends that you do) if the scores you get from the 3 scoring agencies are just a BS number that no one uses?  What the heck is the purpose of that?

Purchase your scores/reports from Myfico.com.  They are your actual FICO scores, not FAKOs.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

blameitonrio wrote:
 Is it possible to get a favorable result back from one agency and a negative result back from another? 

Yes and it happens more than you'd think.

You can't use the results from one CRA to get another to delete either.

As for keeping tabs on your credit, use a monitoring service that provides all 3 CR for a monthly fee. Only pay for your FICO scores when you are about to app for something really large(such as a mortgage), or you have had a lot of changes are curiousity gets the best of ya.

FICO is offering 25% off right now( I think until the end of the month is what the email said, I'd have to double check that)
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

sidewinder --
At the point of one deleting & not others, would it make sense to then MOV the two bureaus who did not delete in order to push for deletion? Isn't that the next step in escalating?
Message 6 of 8
shawnette
Regular Contributor

sidewinder wrote:

FICO is offering 25% off right now( I think until the end of the month is what the email said, I'd have to double check that)

Discount code: 7yrsale
Message 7 of 8
blameitonrio
Established Member

Wow guys!!  Great info!!  I've learned the FICO/FAKO difference now, but I'm not sure the public at large knows about it.  We certainly didn't, and as I mentioned above applied for a mortgage based on our FAKO scores.  Now we know!!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.