Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtaining Past FICO Scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Obtaining Past FICO Scores

I just found a mortgage on my home that was obtained with a forged signature. Is there any way to find out what my FICO score was before this loan was taken out in 2001? I'm being asked to show how late payments on this loan have damaged my credit and to what extent.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Obtaining Past FICO Scores

Wow. *note to self...keep pulling my CR from each CRA a minimum of 4x per yr*

First off, did you file a police report? You need to, even if the SOL to catch the crook has expired. You can use the CR to dispute and that will remove the mortgage off each CRA. You also need to file a complaint with the FTC. Finally, looks like you are taking the right step by talking to an attorney.

Sounds like you need to demonstrate that you suffered harm per your credit over the past 8 yrs via higher interest rates, turned down loans, and so on. Have you tried talking to the lender to get the org. copies of the loan docs? Within there you'll find the credit scores used in consideration of the loan. If the bank stalls, then go backwards via a loan officer, underwriter, escrow folks, realtor, or whoever handled those docs (I'm not versed on the loan process, but I think you got the idea).

Keep in mind that the FICO score version has changed over the past 8 yrs. You'd need to know what the formula version was as well, assuming the lender even pulled a FICO score (most likely did).
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have the payments been made?  Does it report late, in default or other derog?

First, I would be more concerned with the jeopardy of your home, than the potential FICO issue.  If you did not initiate this mortgage, who did, who got the money and what is your position.

You need to immediately file a police report and consult with an attorney.  You could lose your home over this if you do not act timely.

Lastly, no, there is no way to obtain a past FICO.  You could "estimate" or simulate, but a FICO score is "real time" calculation against current content.  If you did not run a FICO and save/print a copy prior to this mortgage, you cannot know what the actual score was at this point.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The bank is of no help in providing past documentation. I was able to obtain a copy of the loan agreement filed with the county register  and have proof the signature is a forgery. The loan officer @ the bank also notarized "my" signature swearing I signed in person. This employee knows me personally and I suspect was in on this from the start. I'm concerned about the SOL, as is my attorney. Most I can get from the bank is my name off the loan unless I can prove damages as a result of the late payments - which are many. The employee who notarized the loan is only required to maintain a $10,000 bond. She notarized a $100,000 loan. Seems my only hope in recovering anything is proving damage via my FICO score. I do plan to file charges against the notary. She's now VP of another bank. She could go to jail for this, which bothers me to some extent but I could lose my home (which was paid off) as a result of her actions. I'm a single mom going thru a divorce and I'm scared. I've contacted my homeowners ins. Co. to see if they have past scores since they run policy holders credit each year upon renewal. Didn't get a warm & fuzzy feeling from them. Thanks for your input - it means a lot.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't appear to be Philsfool or anyone else's fool for that matter. It sounds as if you discovered a potential financial disaster and you are taking the appropriate actions for a resolution.

As far as anyone going to jail due to their fraudulent and capricious actions, so be it. You need to do what's in the best interest of you and your family. 

You are in the right place for help, these people know their stuff. 

Good luck and keep your head up. 

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are these lates the only negatives on your report?

If so, have you been denied credit due to the negative information?

If you have, I would take the denial letters.

On credit you've been approved for, do you have a higher interest rate? Ask the credit issuer if you have higher interest rate because of the negative information. If so, then get something in writing.

What do you mean that you are concerned about SOL? Do you mean SOL for recovering damages? If so, a lot of states have it written into their statutes that when there is a delay in finding out about the action that damaged you, the SOL only begins running then, not when the action actually happened.

Message 6 of 9
supersilk

Hi,

My name is Vanessa.  How can I find out what my fico score was in August 2007?

Message 7 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Unless you have your old reports you could estimate using the scoring models in 2007. Other than that, no. 

Message 8 of 9
supersilk

Thanks Moderator.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.