Did you mean: 

Odd phone call re: APR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Odd phone call re: APR

(231) 751-9081
MI, USA

Labor Day. Answered. Robot lady "this is account services…calling about lowering your interest rate to 6.99%…press 1 now…this is your last notice" gave a WHAAAAAT? Look and the phone auto hung up. 

My scores are subprime. An unbelievable APR for me right now is 17%. WTH IS IS?  Caller smart stated it as WI Survey.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Odd phone call re: APR

Phishing scam.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

1.  Love the dead plant.

2.  Reported to the DO NOT CALL List.

I am on the Do not call list, and given they called prior to 8am, from Wisconsin or Michigan - depending on which search you use - it was a fraud call.  Found on the FTC Site that there was/is a phishing scam about the same thing, APR redux.  Got their info, posted it, and blocked caller - though it is easy to generate phone numbers via technology these days.

Message 3 of 4
TheConductor
Established Contributor

If not a phishing scam, which is certainly a possibility, it may be cold-call telemarketing for a debt consolidation lender.

Any time I have allowed a balance of any notable size to report on my CRs, I've received mailers using much the same tactic: on the outside they have the bland and business-like look of an official mailing from one of my credit cards' account services departments, and on the inside is a consolidation loan offer at an attractive APR.

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.