cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off-Topic: What cell phone provider do you have?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Off-Topic: What cell phone provider do you have?

So BCG - help you buddy Cynical out!
Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

busywoman wrote:
You also mentioned AMEX because of your Corporate discount with various carriers listed in your original post, right?

Exactly.  Because alltel offers no discount, as an added reason.

And from PP, I definitely think I'm going to do that.  I'm gonna ask some people at work what they have.  I hate setting up new services, but I figured since I'm going to get a new apartment and all new utilities and stuff, I might as well change phone.
Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

cynical what model kyocera phone do you have? Is it white?
Message 13 of 30
missgamecock
Contributor

Verizon Wireless - 2 phones, family plan, $65 a month with taxes, 400 unlimited minutes.I get the 20% discount for being a Fed employee. The only problem I had was getting the discount. They didn't want to give it to me and I forced the issue and got it. Had Verizon for about 5 years now and have been getting the discount just as long. I havn't had an issue since the first time I signed up for the discount. My phone is a LG camera phone. No problems whatsoever. They give you a $100 credit on a new phone every 2 years. I got the LG phone as a "free" upgrade and used the $100 credit to buy 2 sets of accessories (charger for car, headset, etc) and an addition LG camera phone for my husband.
Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

T-Mobile at work (pay a fortune) but I don't pay it.

DW has Sprint- on an Employee referral plan- 300 minutes unlimited text, free night and weekend for under $40 with taxes. Yes I have a connection at Sprint- PM me for his email address and the web link.
Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Badcreditguy wrote:
cynical what model kyocera phone do you have? Is it white?

No, it's silver.  I think it's a KX16, biggest piece of crap ever!
Message 16 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

missgamecock wrote:
Verizon Wireless - 2 phones, family plan, $65 a month with taxes, 400 unlimited minutes.I get the 20% discount for being a Fed employee. The only problem I had was getting the discount. They didn't want to give it to me and I forced the issue and got it. Had Verizon for about 5 years now and have been getting the discount just as long. I havn't had an issue since the first time I signed up for the discount. My phone is a LG camera phone. No problems whatsoever. They give you a $100 credit on a new phone every 2 years. I got the LG phone as a "free" upgrade and used the $100 credit to buy 2 sets of accessories (charger for car, headset, etc) and an addition LG camera phone for my husband.

I've been asking people at work for the past ten minutes and everybody has verizon. They're a  highly respected company here.  Oh, and if you read the news in the past couple of days, they are now allowing almost all phones to be used on their network.  You won't have to buy a new phone when you switch to them now! (with some limitations, but most phones will be available)
Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm odd thats the candid phone my wife has that phone and has good luck with it....Ive offered to buy her a new phone she doesnt want to switch. As far as your reception goes have you updated your PRL lately? By dialing *228 option 2. If you still have problems you can call tech support and process a XBM (exchange by mail) As long as you've had your phone less than a year with no physical or liquid damage to the phone. If you have had the phone more than a year you can get a replacement phone using your insurance with the 50.00 deductible. We no longer sell your phone so you would get a comparable. You can buy a certified phone through the retail store, im not sure of the pricing though. I buy my phones from Ebay because it requires no contract ( Just make sure you call CS or Tech to check the ESN first to make the phone can be activated before you buy it. Or if all else fails you can call Kyocera directly since they manufacture the phone and see if they can replace your phone under warranty. Hope this helps...If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Badcreditguy wrote:
Hmm odd thats the candid phone my wife has that phone and has good luck with it....Ive offered to buy her a new phone she doesnt want to switch. As far as your reception goes have you updated your PRL lately? By dialing *228 option 2. If you still have problems you can call tech support and process a XBM (exchange by mail) As long as you've had your phone less than a year with no physical or liquid damage to the phone. If you have had the phone more than a year you can get a replacement phone using your insurance with the 50.00 deductible. We no longer sell your phone so you would get a comparable. You can buy a certified phone through the retail store, im not sure of the pricing though. I buy my phones from Ebay because it requires no contract ( Just make sure you call CS or Tech to check the ESN first to make the phone can be activated before you buy it. Or if all else fails you can call Kyocera directly since they manufacture the phone and see if they can replace your phone under warranty. Hope this helps...If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks so much for the follow-up.  I'll definitely keep your post in mind.  I might just do that if my customer service follow-up fails.
Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Verizon, about 3yrs now. Previously had ATT.

Also have Verizon Broadband Air Card internet service. Costly but very portable. Anywhere I have a Vz signal I have internet access.
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.