cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh you gotta be kidding me! Score drop due to DISPUTE?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh you gotta be kidding me! Score drop due to DISPUTE?

Score drops hard. What does this mean? It was a clear legit dispute.

ScoreWatch says... Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in process.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Oh you gotta be kidding me! Score drop due to DISPUTE?

Has anyone been Re-Investigated from Equifax? They reversed the dispute after closing it. Smiley Sad I called but they were already closed.

My glory of a high score was wonderful for a few hours while it lasted. lol. This is depressing. The information on my CR is inaccurate now. I have a "strong" feeling they think I forged the information faxed in. I thought my 3 day dispute went rather quickly!

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 06-22-2007 05:20 PM
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

We feel for you.
I am sure you will get this cleared up.
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep this happens to me when I dispute with EQ. The funny thing is that when I disputed the same thing back in December 06 my score shot up from a 660 to a 757 then the OC verified and it went back to 660 - though I took that week of 757 to get approved for some nice cards! Now when I dispute it my score goes down like 10-15 points until the dispute is finished then when the wretched OC verifies it goes back to what it was before. Has happened to me a couple of times.
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

From my understanding, when you dispute an item, they take the TL out of the equation.  If that particular TL gives you some history, your score may drop.  If it is a newer baddie, it might boost your score until verified (if it is verified).  That's why disputing just before you try for a mortgage or auto may not be such a good idea.  The important thing is really to get as many baddies off to start with a fresh slate.
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

They only gave me a window of a few hours before they changed it back.
Message 6 of 17
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

daytona18 wrote:
From my understanding, when you dispute an item, they take the TL out of the equation.  If that particular TL gives you some history, your score may drop.  If it is a newer baddie, it might boost your score until verified (if it is verified).  That's why disputing just before you try for a mortgage or auto may not be such a good idea.  The important thing is really to get as many baddies off to start with a fresh slate.

That's not entirely true. There are some things FICO will not calculate while in dispute.

Does that mean you should dispute in hopes of increasing your score? NO! This could easily backfire. 

Collections and public records do not apply are never exempt Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was disputing a balance. It was not correct.
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ohhh, so if I were to dispute a collection, they will just mark in dispute, but no score change should occur?  That's good news.
Message 9 of 17
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

daytona18 wrote:
Ohhh, so if I were to dispute a collection, they will just mark in dispute, but no score change should occur?  That's good news.

Correct.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.