Senior Contributor
ilovepizza

Oh you gotta be kidding me! Score drop due to DISPUTE?

Score drops hard. What does this mean? It was a clear legit dispute.

ScoreWatch says... Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in process.
If we never set higher goals we would never get as far.
sol, credit 101, acr, abbreviations, calc
Senior Contributor
ilovepizza

Re: Oh you gotta be kidding me! Score drop due to DISPUTE?

[ Edited ]
Has anyone been Re-Investigated from Equifax? They reversed the dispute after closing it. :smileysad: I called but they were already closed.

My glory of a high score was wonderful for a few hours while it lasted. lol. This is depressing. The information on my CR is inaccurate now. I have a "strong" feeling they think I forged the information faxed in. I thought my 3 day dispute went rather quickly!

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 06-22-2007 05:20 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

We feel for you.
I am sure you will get this cleared up.
Frequent Contributor
db23

Yep this happens to me when I dispute with EQ. The funny thing is that when I disputed the same thing back in December 06 my score shot up from a 660 to a 757 then the OC verified and it went back to 660 - though I took that week of 757 to get approved for some nice cards! Now when I dispute it my score goes down like 10-15 points until the dispute is finished then when the wretched OC verifies it goes back to what it was before. Has happened to me a couple of times.
Regular Contributor
daytona18

From my understanding, when you dispute an item, they take the TL out of the equation.  If that particular TL gives you some history, your score may drop.  If it is a newer baddie, it might boost your score until verified (if it is verified).  That's why disputing just before you try for a mortgage or auto may not be such a good idea.  The important thing is really to get as many baddies off to start with a fresh slate.
Senior Contributor
ilovepizza

They only gave me a window of a few hours before they changed it back.
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

daytona18 wrote:
From my understanding, when you dispute an item, they take the TL out of the equation.  If that particular TL gives you some history, your score may drop.  If it is a newer baddie, it might boost your score until verified (if it is verified).  That's why disputing just before you try for a mortgage or auto may not be such a good idea.  The important thing is really to get as many baddies off to start with a fresh slate.

That's not entirely true. There are some things FICO will not calculate while in dispute.

Does that mean you should dispute in hopes of increasing your score? NO! This could easily backfire. 

Collections and public records do not apply are never exempt :smileyhappy:

Senior Contributor
ilovepizza

I was disputing a balance. It was not correct.
Regular Contributor
daytona18

Ohhh, so if I were to dispute a collection, they will just mark in dispute, but no score change should occur?  That's good news.
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

daytona18 wrote:
Ohhh, so if I were to dispute a collection, they will just mark in dispute, but no score change should occur?  That's good news.

Correct.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}