Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ohhhh Noooo! Buckets!!

tag
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

Ohhhh Noooo! Buckets!!

Hi all, I have been doing a lot of reading on the boards today and I came across something that is scaring the heck out of me!!  BUCKETS....I am concerned that this will happen to DH and I as we are about to get financing on a Construction Loan!!Smiley Surprised

Our scores are going up nicely.. DH is in the low 700 range mine are 680's (middle  FICO's).  Both of us have had a large boost recently from paying util down from 90% to under 10% (though not all CRA's are reporting this info yet)  We have seen upwards of 80 point jumps, so far!!Smiley Very Happy  And, DH was hoping to be above 720 and I was hoping to be above 700...when our scores get updated with the new util %

I guess I am afraid that the floor is going to come out from under us RIGHT BEFORE we let our banker pull our FICO's.Smiley Sad   I have seen it posted somewhere on here that people w/ BK's top out at 740 or so...this is where we had hoped to top out...now I'm not so sure.Smiley Sad

When you top out of your bucket...do your scores ALWAYS drop?

Any reassurances out there????   Anyone????

Thanks so much for any help you could give usSmiley Happy

takin' it one day at a time
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ohhhh Noooo! Buckets!!

Do you have a BK that will be falling off your reports soon?
Message 2 of 5
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

It will fall off in 5 years!  It was discharged in 02/2003.  Half way there.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMHO- You are not going to get re-bucketed anytime soon

Just keep paying ontime and keep the UTl down.
Message 4 of 5
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

Yea!!!  Thank you soooo much, Timothy!! That is exactly what I wanted to hear!Smiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.