cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok Cap1 'DV'd me, now what? (aka any experience with Cap1 PFDs?)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok Cap1 'DV'd me, now what? (aka any experience with Cap1 PFDs?)

Cap1 sent me documentation for my account that went delinquent in '02.

They sent my original signed applicaiton and my last three 'statements'.

Caveats;

1) It was a Biz application which I was the owner of, since defunct.

2) The 'statements' are well after payments stopped and just show Credit Limit of $300 and $25 Monthly Overlimit and $25 monthly Past Due fees AND interest. The first such statement is for the period 3/18/02 to 4/17/02, meaning my first delinquincy/overlimit would have been at latest in 1/02 if not earlier. This coincides with my credit report which says it is due to drop off this September.

It also says Charge-off was in 9/02 in the amount of $335, $1283 as of 1/05 which was the last 'charge-off' date. So I'm imagining they kept the olimit/late-fees going until 9/02 and perhaps have kept monthly finance charges to that amount.

In any event, I have two options;

1) Do nothing as this is past SOL even if you use the last statement date, but DOFD is at least 3-6 months ago.

2) Contact them for PFD. This does drop off in 4 months so not that raring to do so, but would like to make good.

Does anyone think if I contact them and offer to pay the amount I charged, $300, and forego the late-fees and such (currently $1,600) they would do a PFD? Not much to hold over my head as they cannot collect, and it drops off in 4 months.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ok Cap1 'DV'd me, now what? (aka any experience with Cap1 PFDs?)

No one can answer that question except the creditor!  If you want to try then send the PFD.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.