Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okay HappyDays!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Okay HappyDays!!!!!

States have laws that cover credit repair companies (at least most do)  I do not know anything about thet except all the complaints. Call your AG office and get a phone to call that can give you info. on it. Maybe you can send a letter & tell them to keep the money but to stop everything..

In fact the federal gov. has laws on it also.
Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

no. what i did was  send 2 letters & only showed   top of page   page 1 of 3     the third was the SOL thingy    3 sheets of paper

Message Edited by HappyDays on 03-03-2008 01:28 PM
Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hold on now - lol.

I am entitled to a refund less certain fees, but I can use that refund to perhaps PFD another OC (two Verizon accts to be exact)!

But that's a good idea.  First I'll just call the agency back and say "hey I want a refund now" and go from there.

SerenityBound
Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

an repair company, must have 'authority' to act on your behalf.  In this case it is probably a 'limited power of attorney' of some respect... be it  a document hiring them, etc.  Withdraw their authority, request a refund of all fees and cc your state's consumer protection agency.
Message 24 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

YES!!!    remember no PFD without a DV  or OC letter  so that you know everything beforhand
Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lady knows much more then I do....check it out.
Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

HappyDays wrote:
no. what i did was  send 2 letters & only showed   top of page   page 1 of 3     the third was the SOL thingy    3 sheets of paper

Message Edited by HappyDays on 03-03-2008 01:28 PM

Okay Happy you lost me with the "top of page 1 of 3" part. 

I have the DV ltr, the SOL ltr and what's the third piece?

SerenityBound
Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok  I mailed 3 pages total    2 were the DV letter    1 was the SOL letter

Ya know how you number the pages.........page 1 & 2 were the DV letter     page 3 was the SOL page.

SO when I typed in the page # on the first page I typed    page 1 of 3     in other words  I was mailing 3 pages total.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 03-03-2008 05:39 PM
Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

rofl - okay I got you.  That's what I did.

Hey did you check out my Midland post?  They CREATED a last payment date 1 MO BEFORE the SOL was up.

I've already prepared my DV and SOL ltrs to them.  If they ATTEMPT to validate it the first thing out of my mouth will be "show me the proof of payment" because I KNOW I've never paid them - EVER!!!!!

I'm also sending a set of ltrs to Allied Collections.

Okay I have another question (no surprise there).  I'd mentioned in a previous post that I had a CA called Network Collections place 8 TLs on my reports for checks I wrote back in 04 while workin on a movie.  Through an acctg error on the production house part I had A LOT of checks that came up NSF and they took care of all the ones we KNEW about.

Anyhow I don't recall seeing any correspondence from these people and then BAM - they show on up on my report  - ALL 8 on ind TLs - no check more than 100 bucks including the fees.  I was willing to PFD only I called them because I had no idea what it was and asked if they would accept and the nasty wench said no. She also told me she sent correspondence to my mom's address in Feb 05 - an address I did not reside at.  So now after looking the CR again the DOFD is 06/04.  I'm thinking I will simply DV them at that time and then try and PFD with the OCs since I have all of their info.

Is this appropriate?

SerenityBound...indeed!
Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

CAs use to do this all the time BUT since people have started learning & filing complaints & lawsuits some shy away from it IF the CA knows that you are awake. They are barfbags!!!!
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.