cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Account - But is it past the Statute of Limitations?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Account - But is it past the Statute of Limitations?

So I have an account originally opened in 1999-2000. It has not showed up on my credit report for close to a year now. A collection agency has recently contacted me, offering me a settlement, the account total debt is about 1,600 dollars - they offered a settlement of 1100.00. I know that if a payment is made on the account, it restarts the statute of limitations. However, because it no longer shows up on my credit report, I have no idea when the last payment on the account was made. It very well could have been over 7 years ago, but I'm not sure if I made a payment to one of their creditors in the mean time. I honestly can't remember the last time a payment was made. Is there a place I can go to see accounts that have dropped from my credit history and when last payments were made? Should I simply dispute the bill and see what happens? If it IS past the statute of limitations, how do I go about proving this in court?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Old Account - But is it past the Statute of Limitations?

Bump - any ideas? =x
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Old Account - But is it past the Statute of Limitations?

Welcome

DV the 'new' collection agency before you do anything.  If it is past SOL then they are the other S-O-L. You call the shots then.

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 01-17-2008 11:22 AM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.