Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Collection

I had a credit card from capital one go to collections about four years ago. The original amount was 1400 now its 2800 plus. It is with the collection agency NCO financial. I am looking to try to get this paid but I am not sure how to approach this. Basically I can't pay the full 2800 so should I just arrange monthly payments? Or should I try to settle for less? And suggestions on how to handle this would be appeciated!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Old Collection

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for the 101 info! I should for sure do PFD letter. The only question I have then is...what should be the settlement amount? Like I said before the original amount was 1400 now its 2800.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep in mind, NCO are sharks and almost impossible to negotiate with.  Have money to put on the table before you do anything
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

And if you settle with Cap 1 they will report any balance still owed under the collection account with it saying settlement for less than full balance and if you call to ask why they are reporting a balance they say well because you still have one if you wanna give us XXX money we can report it as paid in full zero balance
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.