Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Collections -Pay or not to Pay?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Collections -Pay or not to Pay?

I currently have nothing in collections being reported to the credit bearuos so I figure I am doing good right? Well, I called some old utility companies and discovered that I did have an account or two in collection at one time, but those accounts were never reported to credit bearuos...So far nothing has shown up, but I am wondering, would it make sense to pay any outstanding collections to the original utility companies if I have the option of paying them? I figure if I did this then if sometime in the future the question of old accounts come up I can say that it was paid in full
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Old Collections -Pay or not to Pay?

i can speak with expierence I had that happen to me I called because it wasnt reported to be the "nice guy" it was a mistake on thier part no reporting the CRA and what did they do????they put them on, so I called back and completed a PFD
Message 2 of 4
Boswd
Valued Contributor

How old are they?   They may be 1. beyond you State's Statute of Limitations and 2. beyond the CRA's 7.5 reporting period.
Message 3 of 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Assuming debt is still within SOL, try PFD.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.