Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Collections and GW letters

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Collections and GW letters

In 2004, I was out of state fishing. I got hit by a saltwater catfish-poisonous. I had to go to the ER and my insurance refused to pay. While I was disputing, it went to collections. I eventually called and paid a settlement so that it would be marked as paid on my credit (the total bill was $800--no insurance paid at all).

If I contact them, what do you think I should do to try and get this off my account? It is the only negative CA account on my Equifax report.

I appreciate all support--and I love these boards. I am a newbie....

EQ: 692 (so close)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Old Collections and GW letters

I would send pictures. j/k.

I would tell them that it was an emergency and you were disputing. Be very polite and try to get personal with them if you're calling them.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

What was the date of visit.......that would be the DOLA.....You can send the CA a GW or some have sent a DV letter & had it deleted. Its hard to say......Do not put any personal info. on either letter ONLY what is shown on your CR!! NEVER sign a DV letter just type your name!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 01-16-2008 08:41 AM
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called the hospital and they agreed to remove it from my credit report! I hope that this will pull me above 700--(it was the only negative). I appreciate the help!

arbaker
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.