cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Late Payments added to my report help!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Late Payments added to my report help!!

I pulled my CR back in late September(We are trying to buy a home) and I had 2 late payments: 06/07 30 day late, 07/07 60 day late on a CC. I was cleaning up some bankruptcy issues and obscure collections that were not mine. I had everything cleaned up and received letters verifying that all my issues had be fixed(or so I thought). Pull a new CR in November and that same cc comes back with a 90 day late for August! 1)How come this was not on the September report? 2)This credit card was paid before it was 90 days late... How come this August late was not on the report a month later?? What type of letter should I send to the CRA....because so far everything has come back verified from them.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Old Late Payments added to my report help!!

Bumpity Bump.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you disoute this issue with your original dispute.  If the reditor did not verify, information can be reinserted into the file anytime within the 7 year reporting period as long as it is accurate.
Message 3 of 4
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Yeah it seems like they updated the account when you disputed it... and that was lurking.  I'd call the cc co first and have them fix any actual error, and ask if they will GW any valid lates.  Follow that up with a GW letter to them if they won't do it all.

EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.