Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Repo, New CA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Repo, New CA

HELP!!!!!!!
I have a repo from 2003 & I have noticed that a CA has not only pulled a hard inquiry in the past two weeks but now they are showing $8k currently past due!  The SOL for my state is 6 years but it is my understanding that the original creditor only has a certain amount of time after sale of the repo to pursue a judgement.  Is this correct?  If there was a judgement for $8k wouldn't that show on my credit report?  The original creditor has not updated the account since the repo, it just shows as a closed account, repo.  Can I still be sued over this?

I have also received notification from CR that another hard inquiry was made on my credit this past week, this one from a collection attorney.  No one has contacted me at this point they are just attacking my credit (which I was trying to re-build). 
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
kiki2
Valued Member

Re: Old Repo, New CA

Can a new CA really report old debt as new?
Message 2 of 7
loubee
Regular Contributor

OK all you credit gurus I would like to know the answer to this too, thx in advance
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once the debt is sold, I think all bets are off what a company  can do...

I'll wait for people to chime in.  Repos are a little confusing from what I've read.  I'm not sure how SOL applies with sold debt.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOL is SOL - it does not change unless you do something to make it change (like make a payment to them).  Figure out the SOL and go from there.
Message 5 of 7
kiki2
Valued Member

But can a CA post a 4 year old debt on your report as if it were a current collection?  I had something similar happen to me so I am really curious.......... 

Message Edited by kiki2 on 11-29-2007 05:55 PM
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reporting date can be now - DOLA and DOFD should NOT change.  DV the turkey and get the paperwork to prove they are re-aging (if they are).  More than likely, if they re-aged, they will remove it w/o validating because you can get them for it and it is BLATANT and easily provable.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.