Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old auto loan on EQ but not on TU

tag
theo78
New Contributor

Old auto loan on EQ but not on TU

I have an old auto loan on my EQ report but it is not showing up on my TU report. The loan was opened in 1999 and paid on time and in full in about 2 and a half years. The problem is, I don't have any auto loans on my TU report and the lender I'm going to be using TU purchase a new car with uses TU. Also my oldest account on my TU report is 4 years. So an older account on my TU report will also help me out. 

My question is how can I get the auto loan to report on TU also??? Can I send a copy of my EQ report to TU and have them add the trade line?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Old auto loan on EQ but not on TU

@rohardi wrote:

I have an old auto loan on my EQ report but it is not showing up on my TU report. The loan was opened in 1999 and paid on time and in full in about 2 and a half years. The problem is, I don't have any auto loans on my TU report and the lender I'm going to be using TU purchase a new car with uses TU. Also my oldest account on my TU report is 4 years. So an older account on my TU report will also help me out. 

My question is how can I get the auto loan to report on TU also??? I know of no way to do this. Creditors are not required to report any account to a CRA but if they do the information must be accurate. Perhaps someone else knows a way. My local CU doesn't report my car loan to TU but they do report to EQ and EX.

Can I send a copy of my EQ report to TU and have them add the trade line? I believe only creditors can add TL's.

Message 2 of 3
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Old auto loan on EQ but not on TU

Since the auto loan is already paid and the account is closed, I see no way of getting it reported by another CRA.

Now if you were still paying on the loan and it was opened,you could've asked the OC if they would report the loan to the other CRA's.

Just be aware that the OC can say no,but it never hurts to ask.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.