Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old collection and removal???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old collection and removal???

I have a 6 year old collection that the creditor will remove if I pay it (yes in writing). Will this improve my score any at this point?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Old collection and removal???

What state do you live in? Each state has their own SOL on collections of old debts. Who is the creditor??

And to answer your original question though, yes, if its your only baddie you have on your reports, your scores will go up tremdously.

If you decide to PFD...."pay for delete", make sure you have it in writing, with the persons name/creditors name/and it specifically states that they will delete the trade line/collection from ALL reporting agencies in return for PIF of acct. Good luck
Message 2 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
What state do you live in? Each state has their own SOL on collections of old debts. Who is the creditor??

And to answer your original question though, yes, if its your only baddie you have on your reports, your scores will go up tremdously.

If you decide to PFD...."pay for delete", make sure you have it in writing, with the persons name/creditors name/and it specifically states that they will delete the trade line/collection from ALL reporting agencies in return for PIF of acct. Good luck

+1

Collection agents will sometimes say anything to get their hands on the money.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in SC and this is a local rental company that only reports to EQ. They have already agreed to remove it but I do have one more "baddie" Smiley Surprised( plus 4-5 medical collections 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ikr?! Sometimes I think they think I am not all that intellient but I do have a college education......

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.