cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old student loan drop off dates wrong, should I dispute?

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Old student loan drop off dates wrong, should I dispute?

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@SCF wrote:

Positive closed accounts generally remain on your report for 10 years, but there isn't actually a requirement for them to remain that long, or to be removed at exactly the 10 year mark.  I would let the account (and its positive effect on your AAoA) stay as long as it will.

I agree. If you're lucky they will continue to report past the general 10 years. It doesn't happen often but it does occur.

I'm one of the fortunate ones. I have a single account that was closed in 1998 but is still reporting.

Same here MV...I have an Old CC reporting  from 1999 on EX only as paid/closed/never late,...... Am I gonna dispute that??  HECK NO!! LOLSmiley Happy

Message 11 of 12
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Old student loan drop off dates wrong, should I dispute?

back to topic at hand....
OP..Ive got 6 student loans acts that are closed in good standing from 2005 during my consolidation as well in good standing...Im not touching them!! LOL..I also have 2 schools reporting now as well, open/in good standing/never late.... also from 2005. Id leave it alone and let it sit there till its gone especially if its positiveSmiley Happy
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.