Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old student loans from sallie-mae

tag
thotgal320
Frequent Contributor

Old student loans from sallie-mae

I have a student loan from sallie-mae dated 1997 and 1998 they show up on my credit report as transferred or sold. My question is when should they or will they be removed. Any feedback would be helpful and appreciated.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Old student loans from sallie-mae

10 years from date paid, if in good standing.

Never if unpaid.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

What about and account that fell into collections but has since been paid?  Still 7 yrs?  Did I reage the account by paying it?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student loans do not have an SOL.

The CA will remove 7 years after DOFD if paid.

@Anonymous wrote:
What about and account that fell into collections but has since been paid? Still 7 yrs? Did I reage the account by paying it?

Message 4 of 5
Boswd
Valued Contributor

going to need more info.  Who transferred it, you by setting up someone to take it over or did they?  If you set it say with someone like Dirct Loan then technically the debt to  Sallie Mai is paid when it comes off, that I'm not exactly sure.   Defaulted student loans are a head of a different monster.  I do believe it's 7 years of when it went into default and but I have also heard that it is seven years since paid.    After you make sure all three credit reports are updated and showing paid check the estimated drop off date, if none then call the Credit Agencies and see if they will give you that info.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.