Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oldest TL gone, HELP!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oldest TL gone, HELP!!!

OK boys, I'm going to need some real knowledgeable, heavy-hitters on this one.  Newbies need not apply.  Here are the preliminary facts:

03' Student loan with Sallie Mae.

Oldest account, by far.

Positive, closed account.

Reports to EQ & TU.

I would VERY much appreciate the TL appearing on my EX report.

I have been fighting S/M since October, to no avail.  I think a recent letter I received from them may be the answer:

"We submitted an update to Experian, reporting your loan closed 3/06 & paid in full.  EX deleted this tradeline.  Unfortunately once a CB deletes a TL, it cannot be updated.  You will need to contact EX directly."  (OK it's shorthand, but that was the gist of it).

I know this to be true, because EQ & TU both had inaccurate balances, both now report a $0 balance.  EX still shows nothing at all.  Turns out I was fighting the wrong person all along.  I have been told EX did not "delete" the TL, but merely "suppressed" it.  Anyone have any advice for fighting them on this?  It may be a longshot getting them to report it again, but this is my oldest TL!

Any experience getting positive TL's put back on a CR would be appreciated.  It is my understanding that positive, closed TL's should be on my CR for 10 years.

Any & all help is welcome.

Aly

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Oldest TL gone, HELP!!!

1. Did you recently dispute an inaccuracy with regard to that tradeline, directly with the CRAs, and Experian deleted/suppressed it?
  2. Do you have a copy of an old(er) Experian Credit Report that shows the tradeline?

First, closed accounts in good standing can remain for "up to" ten years. If you disputed and that lead to the Experian delete, you will indeed have an uphill battle. But, one thing that you might try is is-- Send a really nice letter to Experian explaining what happened, and that you'd like the tradeline to be reported for the full CRTP. Attach a copy of the letter that you received from the Original creditor, and a copy of your old Experian credit report that (hopefully) shows the original CRTP reporting end date (should be sometime in 2016). Good luck!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pulled my CR's for the first time in 10/08.  I disputed the Sallie Mae account, not only because of the inaccurate balances on TU & EQ, but also because EX had no record of the account even back then!  This leads me to believe my disputing was not the cause of EX deleting the account.

Unfortunately, this was long before I gained the knowledge to print EVERYTHING.  So while I have no "proof" they are suppressing the TL, would a kindhearted letter still give me a shot at having it "unsuppressed"?  Should I include the Sallie Mae letter & a copy of my CR?  Should I "ATTN" any specific department to increase my odds?

I know it's an uphill battle guys, but with zero baddies & utilization at .18%, I don't have any other battles to fight!

Aly

Message 3 of 4
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

This is a long shot...

Send S/M a check for $1, referenced to the closed account number.  Nothing else.

See what develops. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.