Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On CR after paying OC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

On CR after paying OC?

Spoke to the hospital billing dept about my final med collections. Two are with a CA and reporting on my CR. But hosp billing department says I have a total of 9 acc'ts with them... Only two of them are with CA right now.

I ask billing, can I set up a payment plan & pay for all before these other seven go to collections? She says, you can pay us but eventually they'll go to collections anyway because they're 4+ yrs old. I asked her to clarify, sounds like you're telling me even if I pay you, now, before they are in collections, you will still send the paid-off bills to a CA (to report on my CR as paid) later on? She said yes.

This doesn't sound right or legal? No matter how old a debt is, if OC hasn't sent it to a CA and I pay the OC, how could they possibly send a paid am't to a CA?? She says they would do this to report on my CR that I paid years later, that just because they haven't reported it to collections, doesn't mean it isn't a collection. I asked to clarify if the *hospital* would report it on my credit report, or if they would send it to their CA to report on my credit report., and she said it would be a CA they would contract to report the paid amount.

Need help in drafting a response to that!

Message Edited by ivyalmighty on 04-09-2008 04:07 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: On CR after paying OC?

Does anyone have any advice on this? Can an OC really report your paid account, that never went to a CA, to a CA for reporting after it's paid in full??
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: On CR after paying OC?

IMO, If you pay the OC before they assign/sell the debt to a CA, I don't see that they can. The reason being.......HIPAA.........they can only release minimal information as neccesary in order to collect payment..........if paid......no payment to collect........2nd reason I dont think a CA can report after you've paid the OC before the CA got the account is......you NEVER owed the CA anything.......the debt was paid before they received it.

However, this is just my opinion and, well........that don't count for much. LOL
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.