Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On a credit re-building TANGENT!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

On a credit re-building TANGENT!!!!!

So as you can imagine from the topic of this thread, I am in major building mode. I started credit repair on Feb 13th 2007. My efforts have been paying dividends, and I've learned quite a bit though the process. To date I've had 18 TL's deleted that were reported erroneously, DV'd a couple legits and PFD on those three. I PIF ALL of my Student Loans (my wife had a FIT!)  AND traded in my car for a new one...

To date this i what I've added to my CR's:Smiley Very Happy

WAMU $1500 (AU wife) opened in Nov. 06
CAP1 $300 (AU wife) opened in Nov. 06
HSBC $300 (AU wife) opened in Nov. 06 
BofA $12,100 (AU dad) opened in Dec. 03Smiley Wink
FIA $16,000 (AU dad) opened in Jul. 94Smiley Wink
Macys $100 (mine) opend in May 07
Orchard Bank $300 (mine) opened Jun. 07
BofA $500 (mine) opened Jun. 07
Volvo Financial (mine/wife) opened Apr. 07
Chrysler Financial (mine) Opened Aug. 03 PAID AS AGREES (paid/closed)

My wife was just recently received Kay Jewelers $1500 (soon to be AU)
She also recently approved for Hooters $500 (soon to be AU)

I just PFD (with docs prior to PIF) of three medical collections that are still on my CRs but CA assures they will come off next week (teletype reporting first Mon of month? It's what they said)

That leaves my PIF Student Loans paid in Feb 07 still reporting as COLLECTION ACCOUNT (paid/closed) on three lines for the same accounts Smiley Sad and last reported 120 day late in Feb 07 on all three. @$%$%Smiley Mad

But I have a feeling that my scores will be moving up and past the prime tier in a matter of months. My Dads accounts will be reporting on the 12th and 16th respectively according to the CCCs (Iwas added as AU 60+ days ago) My hope is that these accounts will bring my scores up to respectable levels nearly immediately.

My repair program has been moving at an expedited rate, and I'm hoping I have not screwed anything up. 

MyFICO scores today are:

TU: 595
EX: 500
EQ: 552

When the AUs from FIA and BofA hit I will pull new FICOs and report back. Hoping for the best.

Take Care.

Rob 

Message Edited by FICO_Focused on 06-11-2007 11:24 AM
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
girlie
Regular Contributor

Re: On a credit re-building TANGENT!!!!!

it can be done!  i have been in major rebuilding mode when i discovered that my lowest credit score was an embarrasing 466.  that's right!  countrywide full spectrum lending told me that i needed at least 500 to qualify for a mortgage and that is when the fire burned hot under my feet.

my scores as of 4/06

tu - 490
eq -535
ex - 466

my scores today

tu - 635
eq - 642
ex- 666

Good Luck and keep up posted!
Message 2 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

What did you do to achieve over 100pt score increase in a year?
Message 3 of 36
girlie
Regular Contributor

i was pretty much past due on all my accounts and so i set up special payment plans.  i became current on most of my accounts and paid them down as much as i could.  i sold my house at the end of the year and paid off an auto loan and reduced my debt since the beginning of this year from $17,000 to $4,950.  most of my accounts have been current from between 1 - 1.5 years with a couple of exceptions.  i also just wrote GW letters and had two charge offs removed.
Message 4 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dec 06 482
Jan 07 496
Feb 07 560
Mar 07 563
Apr 07 593
May 07 602

I had a set back in Mar with a new CA that I got a PFD with the OC that has not posted yet.
I just paid my UTL on my CC's to 9.7% from 80%- waiting for them to post !!!
This included adding a TL and BT remaining to 0% APR - did not take a hit for the INQ.
Consolidated my student loans- at 7.5%
all but 1 CA drops in July - last one is past SOL so may try PFD (it will fall off in Nov)

I can't wait for these to update!!!!!
Message 5 of 36
girlie
Regular Contributor

timothy...way to go!
Message 6 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@girlie wrote:
timothy...way to go!

TY- My Goal is 700 by the end of the year-
My DW is next still has 4K to go on her.
Was 18K in Dec.

Message Edited by Timothy on 06-03-2007 05:27 PM
Message 7 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

My hope is that when the BofA and FIA hit my CRs my scores will go up in the neighborhood of 90-100 points on all three CRs... I've been pulling daily from TC and when they do, I'll post the FICOs. I'm not sure what else to do between now and then to expedite.

Take Care.

Rob
Message 8 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My hope is that when the BofA and FIA hit my CRs my scores will go up in the neighborhood of 90-100 points on all three CRs... I've been pulling daily from TC and when they do, I'll post the FICOs. I'm not sure what else to do between now and then to expedite.
Take Care.
Rob

I hear you.
I know my creditors report at the end of the month. Does it take a few more days for the CRA's to post them?
I am patiently waiting.

Message Edited by Timothy on 06-04-2007 05:19 AM
Message 9 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy wrote:

I here you.
I know my creditors report at the end of the month. Does it take a few more days for the CRA's to post them?
I am patiently waiting.

The AUs were added ~60 days ago... I called BofA and FIA FIA said they would probably end up on the reports the 16th and BofA said the 12th... If not, I'm waiting for another month. It's hard to be patient through this. But I just keep plugging along.

Rob
Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.