cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On my way to building credit, wish me luck.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

On my way to building credit, wish me luck.

So around the middle of last year my many many 18 year old me descions finally fell off my reports. The few that were left were incorrect so I disputed them and got it down to one lonesome negitive from 2013 when I had to break a lease because our upstairs neihbors kept waking our new born up and it was just a bad living enviroment. I do not have a Fico score as I guess I need 6 months of history and I have pretty much reset to "no history". My vantage score has went from 490 to 680 beginning last may.

I have went a little crazy on inquires, way too many. But I wanted to build a decent credit repratior off the starting line. Unfortunately did not find out about the Shopping Cart Trick until I had already went crazy on Hard Pulls.

My current cards

Unsecured Wells Fargo - $1500 (December 2015)

Secured Cap One - $211 (December 2015)

Secured Discover IT - $200 (January 2016)

Credit One - $500 (I intend to actually cancel this one after one year, horrible card) (January 2016)

Overstock - $700

Express - $500

J Crew - $500

Wayfair - $700

I am now going in the "garden" as I've seen people say for 6 months and hope that I can come out with a decent starting fico score.

Any suggestions?

I also have a bussiness with an EIN and an equifax rating of B, but that is only because it also has no credit history.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

Re: On my way to building credit, wish me luck.

Best of luck! You are doing great, stick to your plan & let your seedlings grow. I too have way too many HP's, mainly because of impatience. My problem is I read posts & get over zealous as I too am trying to build from lack of recent history & have a thin file. My advise to you is stay in the garden, your patience will pay off. The extra HP's I have will keep me in the garden longer so they can age & not carry as much weight. A thin file does not support a over abundance of HP's. I was recently denied due to too many HP's & I only had 6. Smiley Surprised

Message 2 of 4
Bankrupt2019
Established Contributor

Don't forget to get monthly CLI's on that overstock card!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yes, Was really surprised they gave me one two days after getting approved lol.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.