Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnLine Banking

tag
Dawn
Established Contributor

OnLine Banking

With our joint bank account with Chase, my husband is considered the "primary" account holder.  When we set up online access, a profile was established under my name, because I am the one who handles the financial matters.

When we opened a Chase CC in his name ... and a different one in my name ...  and linked them to our account ... I can only see MY CC information through my online profile. It seems that they do not provide an option for him to give "approval" to link his CC to my profile.  The only solution they offer at this time is to make me joint on his CC account, which we do not want to do.

So ... I gave in and set up an online profile for Chase under DH's name so I can keep an eye on his CC.  I had hoped that I would be able to see online bill pay data that I had generated from my online profile on his online profile.  But ... NOOOOOOOO ... each account holder has their own personal records of transfers and bill payments initiated through their online profile.

Does this work the same way with other banks?  If he's never going to use online banking ... I really would prefer to only have one online banking profile to deal with. 
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OnLine Banking

I linked a joint checking account to my profile (but I'm primary on it) - no CCs with my bank (and never will because Chase handles their cards).
Message 2 of 4
MeganML84
Frequent Contributor

With online banking you can only see those products set up under your social security number.

That is how things are kept organized.

Your husband can open his own online banking profile, or add you as a joint owner. Other than that, no luck (with Chase or any other bank that I know of).  Why would you be able to see each other's personal transactions if you are not joint owners on the accounts? I wouldn't want someone to see what I was doing in my personal transactions, especially if they are not a joint owner.

Why are you allowed to look at his CC profile but not be a joint owner?

Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does - except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age... but only if the grapes were good in the first place.
Message 3 of 4
Dawn
Established Contributor

MeganML84 wrote:

Why would you be able to see each other's personal transactions if you are not joint owners on the accounts? I wouldn't want someone to see what I was doing in my personal transactions, especially if they are not a joint owner.

Why are you allowed to look at his CC profile but not be a joint owner?
We are joint owners on the deposit accounts and neither of us has a problem with seeing what the other has done. 

As an authorized user on his account, I had hoped that I wouldn't be inconvenienced by having to have two separate online profiles in order to monitor his CC since I am the one who handles all of this.  We specifically chose to set up individual CCs because the only other bank card we have is jointly held.

While I recognize that some couples will not want anyone else having access to their personal transactions ... that is not the case for us. 

I can accept the answer being 'no' ... I just wanted to know if it were an option that was provided somewhere else.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.