nicoleq31

One Late Payment

Good afternoon,

I recently signed up for Score Watch and I noticed on my report that I was late about 22 times in the last ten years.
One my Sunoco card, which I have had since 3/98 I had one 30 day late payment back in 6/05.  Is there any way I can call or write to them and see if they will take it off, or do I have to wait the full 7 years?
Btw, my score from Equifax is 672.  I am hoping by next year to have a score of 700.

Thanks Alot
Nicole :smileywink:
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: One Late Payment

Valued Contributor
TheNewWorldMan

The good news here is late-pays (esp. 30-days) tend to age rather quickly.
- - - -
in a credit-scoring postnuclear Stone Age...
nicoleq31

Thank you for your help, I received a letter in the mail today that said they are notifying the three bureaus to take remove off my late payment.  I received a score watch alert today and my score shot up 20 points.  I am now up to 692 on Experian.
Btw, my Transunion score was 731 and the Equifax was 703 the last time I checked. :smileyvery-happy:
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Excellent! Lots of success stories today!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+