Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Main Finacial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

One Main Finacial

Im not sure if there are post like this, but I wanted to make one for those of you who might be interested in an unsecured personal loan from One Main Financial.

I currently have an open account with this company.

Pros:

-9 times out of 10 you will be approved for your desired amount regardless of your credit score or history.

Cons:

-The interest rate is incredibly inflated (It compounds daily)

-The Online support is lousy (They just reiterate the steps that are clearly laid out in front of you without offering any real help or support - p.s. I have been unable to log into my account for over a month. I have made numerous calls with no resolution)

Overall Outlook:

Only use one main financial as a last resort. Albeit knowing all of the above I was still in need of the funds and I am greatful for approval. However keep in mind that if I was to only make the payment that was agreed upon more than half of my payment would be to interest! You will get approval but youre going to pay for it. On a positive note. I plan to keep making payments (higher than the actual amount), lower my balance and hopefully get it refinanced through another lending institution. In the mean time as long as my payments are on time my credit scores continue to rise. So its not a lose, lose situation.

If you have any specific quesitons, please feel free to ask.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
JustinS
Regular Contributor

Re: One Main Finacial

+1 to not using them unless absolutely necessary. OP what made you choose to get something through them anyhow? We have a One Main down the street almost from us. They've sent me actual snail mailers a couple times but I always trash them as soon as I saw the ridiculous interest rate (I think the mailers had something around 30% on mine).

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.