Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One accoung multiple listings

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

One accoung multiple listings

Can one charged off account be listed on my report by several different collection agencies as different accounts with different open dates?  If not what can I do about it.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: One accoung multiple listings

@Anonymous wrote:
Can one charged off account be listed on my report by several different collection agencies as different accounts with different open dates? If not what can I do about it.

If I understand you, you have one original creditor, who has place one account with several collection agencies for collection, and each of the collection agencies reporting their collection to all 3 agencies???

Not knowing any details, and unable to suggest specific course of action, if it were me, I would contact the OC and start negotiating a PFD, and have OC contact all ca's to have the baddie deleted from your 3 cr's.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response.  I tried to contact the original creditor which is providian and they said they have nothing to do with my account anymore and would not take any payments from me. The second collection agency would not take payments either. They doubled the amount I originally owed and demanded payment in full. They also threatened to place a lien on my house and garnish my wages. The collection agency is very shady and after research I found they are being sued all over the place for their illegal practices. After I told them that they were using illegal tactics to try and collect a debt they stopped calling me and sold my account to another agency. The third agency added another $4000 on to my debt and sent me a letter. Now my original $4000 account with providian is on my report 3 separate times with amounts from $4000 to $12000 and open dates from 2004 to 2007.  I have disputed the second and third agencies but they come back as verified.  I know that both of the agencies work for providian.  So, I guess I just don't know what to do if providian won't take my money  Everything I have read online about the CA's contacting me says to not pay them.  I even had a law firm tell me that they were suing them and that if I wanted to they would sue them for me as well.  I don't want to deal with all of that.  It just seems that one account should only be allowed to be listed on my report one time.  Any advice on this?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ouch!!!! What a nightmare! Sorry it happened to you. I strongly suggest you have no contact with ca's until you know ALL your options, and best course of action.

It appears on the surface that Providian actually sold your account to ca#1, who sold it to ca#2, etc. etc. etc.

With my limited experience involving multiple sales, and obscenely escalating balances, I can only suggest contacting the consumer attorney, and let him handle it for you. Sorry.

Perhaps others with more experience, who've dealt with similar circumstance will chime in today, and offer better advice.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it can appear multiple times; however I think each much zero out the amount due and/or place a 'sold/transfered' on it as it leaves their responsibility.  If you owe *k (with the extra fees) - it shouldn't appear like you owe 20K.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.