cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One for the experts / Illegal Re-age? / GW, PFD, DV?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: One for the experts / Illegal Re-age? / GW, PFD, DV?

The account from the OC (Alltel) is shown as "Paid, Account was a charge-off" or "Bad debt". The CA does not appear at all.

I completely agree that if Alltel sold the debt and I settled it, then it should be removed... just wondering how to do it. I don't care if I have to pay the $198 they say I missed AGAIN just to get rid of it...

The thing that gets my goat is that the Alltel OC is reporting the date that I paid the CA.... THAT smells fishy... since I have the PFD letter from the CA, I want the whole thing deleted!!!
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Request an Investigation (OC Letter) - my bet is that they can't produce records from 1999 without great expense to them.
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was secretly thinking that but was worried to play hardball for fear that they could reset the clock or would not have to comply. Now I get it.

Time to play a little hard ball. I'll let you know how it goes. OC letter will be mailed this week.
Message 13 of 14
LuvsRetro
Frequent Contributor

Mojoryezen:

If you haven't done anything yet, save yourself a super huge headache and possibly more headaches by just not doing anything.   You could try disputing it online - they may or may not verify it.  If it comes back verified just leave it.

It will drop off 04/2008.

Alltel will drag their feet and you will be in April 2008 and maybe even May 2008 or later still trying to get this taken care of.

I dealt with Alltel for almost 7 months before I finally had to go to the BBB to have it removed. 

If you are not careful, (they probably don't have the account info anyway) they could accidently on purpose reage or change info just causing you more headaches. 
10/01/2017 myFico EQ-778 TU-793 EX-781
11/01/2017 myFico EX-799, Barclays 11-4 Reported: EQ-796 TU-826 EX-799
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.