Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of my accounts is reporting a recent payment I never made

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of my accounts is reporting a recent payment I never made

One of my accounts is reporting a recent payment that I have never made.  Portfolio Recovery services is saying I made a recent payment of $38 when I have not even spoken to them.  The fall off date has not changed, but I was just wondering if this is illegal. 

They are also making hard pulls on my TU credit report of 3 months.  I have read the thread about disputing these and will be writing them a letter.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
dragnldy
Regular Contributor

Re: One of my accounts is reporting a recent payment I never made

They may be trying to reset for SOL purposes. Dispute!
Ficos
3/7/08 TU-646 EQ-640 EX-650
3/17/09 TU-678 EQ 666
3/20/12 TU- 760 EQ 785
Util almost 0 and baddies all gone! now to gardening!
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

mbush12 wrote:
One of my accounts is reporting a recent payment that I have never made.  Portfolio Recovery services is saying I made a recent payment of $38 when I have not even spoken to them.  The fall off date has not changed, but I was just wondering if this is illegal. 

They are also making hard pulls on my TU credit report of 3 months.  I have read the thread about disputing these and will be writing them a letter.

Are you past SOL?     If so DV the CA
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did.  It infuriates me that they have even attempted this. I guess I should expect this sort of thing--it falls off naturally in July 2008.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know that the account is past the SOL, this is probably a stupid question, but can I DV them while a dispute is already going on?
Message 5 of 8
dragnldy
Regular Contributor

Yes, send the DV.  All that's required from a dispute is that they relay the info they say they have to the CRAs.  A DV requires them to actually show documented proof of the debt.  If they can't answer the DV, you can send that to the CRAs
Ficos
3/17/09 TU-678 EQ 666
3/20/12 TU- 760 EQ 785
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a bunch! I was just going over DV'ing in the forumsand I was wondering if me requesting a DV from a CA that took over the account last year would will still be considered in a "timely" manner, ie. the thirty day period.  I dont remember getting anything from them and I havent spoken to them on the phone.

Message Edited by mbush12 on 03-13-2008 10:30 PM
Message 7 of 8
dragnldy
Regular Contributor

If they never contacted you, you should still be considered in the 30 day.  It's up to them to contact you first for that time frame.
Ficos
3/17/09 TU-678 EQ 666
3/20/12 TU- 760 EQ 785
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.